Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't they run Lemons at MSR Cresson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't they run Lemons at MSR Cresson?

Anyone know?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

I've never been there, however I hear the paddock area isn't setup for it.

Comment

Paddock would be tight but I bet it would work. I'm not sure why they don't. Interested in this answer too as I've run that track, before the expansion, and damn it was fun!!
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

dunno. been awhile since I've been there but unless they've expanded the paddock area not much in that department.

Maybe also they don't want 50+ cars leaving zip ties all over their facility.

I'd love to do TWS.
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
          Maybe also they don't want 50+ cars leaving zip ties all over their facility.
          That's kinda what I was thinkin
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            That's kinda what I was thinkin
            We are usually one of the last ones leaving the track. Its like a sea of zip ties all over the lot.
            Murph

Comment

Just a ridesmart track day completely fills that place up, I can't imagine what it'd be like running an entire Lemons field with all the crew.

Comment

No barrier between opposing track directions might be one reason. Head ons are really bad.
                Karts will play there but won't race.

Comment

because the event doesn't make money and the track rental is priced as such to run the organizers off
                  pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                    because the event doesn't make money and the track rental is priced as such to run the organizers off
                    What about MSR Houston, diff owners?

Comment

MSR houston is jam packed on lemons weekend, but I have no idea how many folks it would take for Cresson to make a dime. Eagles Canyon even looked pretty full to me also way out in BFE in the middle of the summer heat, but their overhead may be less. If Cresson couldn't make a buck with a lemons race having 75-100 teams and the few hundred riff-raff that shows up, I can't imagine what event would. I guess the Lambo HPDE charge a lot more than I ever thought.

Comment

I've heard rumor of pride issues on the owners of Cresson, as well as paaddock space and safety issues.

I seriously doubt that money was the issue, I've been on track at MSR Houston with 140 cars, and at roughly $1250 per car, there is money out there.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          What about MSR Houston, diff owners?
                          diff owners and houston is about to be shut down......again.
                          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                            I've heard rumor of pride issues on the owners of Cresson, as well as paaddock space and safety issues.

I seriously doubt that money was the issue, I've been on track at MSR Houston with 140 cars, and at roughly $1250 per car, there is money out there.
                            entry fee is $1250 per car? wtf. nascar camping world truck is $670, nationwide is $750, cup is $1100, per weekend inspection fee, wtf am i missing here?
                            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                              diff owners and houston is about to be shut down......again.
                              Houston shut down?!?!
                              Murph

Comment

Working...
                              X