RIP pro mx'er Josh Lichtle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP pro mx'er Josh Lichtle...

He died today from heat stroke suffered Saturday at Red Bud...

I recently caught up with Josh Lichtle in Chelsea, MI at Danny Blooms practice track. Josh is practicing and training hard to get back onto the East Coast AM...

Damn, that's terrible. Rip.

Comment

rip

Comment

Damn , rest in peace !!!!!

It was hot as fuck there Saturday. As a Texan , I was unprepared for the heat and was close to passing out myself. After the first 250 moto I had to go to the truck and recoup, it was getting bad.

It was all Gatorade and water after.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
          Damn , rest in peace !!!!!

It was hot as fuck there Saturday. As a Texan , I was unprepared for the heat and was close to passing out myself. After the first 250 moto I had to go to the truck and recoup, it was getting bad.

It was all Gatorade and water after.
          And you were a spectator...

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            And you were a spectator...
            Exactly
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Makes me wonder if there was a delay in treatment of this kid...he apparently was taken directly to the aid station and on to a local hospital...where he went into a coma and died. Heat stroke is a serious condition and should have been on the top of their differential given the fact that he was racing MX out in that heat...

Comment

Crazy shit, I can't imagine racing in this heat.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

We noticed and even discussed, was why no one was using "camel backs". Maybe they were and just had them under their jerseys.

Another thing was the weather, the forcast called for 90 degree temperatures and it was 101 with 59% humidity at about 2pm Saturday, it was fucking brutal. So maybe, they were unprepared like I/we were.

This by far, was the hottest I have ever seen it at Redbud by a long long ways.
                  Last edited by Txstang1; 07-07-2011, 12:47 PM.
                  Vortex rear stand $75
                  8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                  13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

motocross is not checkers. serious business.

Comment

Yeah a lot of people have no idea how much cardio is involved in MX. I read an article back in the early 90's that said it was the most intense sport you could participate in.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          Yeah a lot of people have no idea how much cardio is involved in MX. I read an article back in the early 90's that said it was the most intense sport you could participate in.
                          plus theyre in all that gear. I go out running in the middle of the day in this heat (did 5.77 miles today at about 1pm) in just some running shorts and get hot as hell. can imagine how hot it gets out there riding a bike hard in all that gear.
                          HD Parts
                          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

sad story. Atleast he went out doing what he loves. RIP
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                              motocross is not checkers. serious business.
                              Something everyone needs to be aware of though, even if playing checkers out in this heat you better stay hydrated, before during and after anything you do outside.

Hell, on the 4th I did a long run (for me) and caught heat exhaustion - thankfully the Army generally taught me how to recognize it and there is no mistaking it. Once I got home, cooled off and a little water in me I passed out for 2 hours.

I could not imagine how much it sucks getting to the point of heat stroke - heat exhaustion, the few times I've gotten that bad is bad enough.

Some education on these matters would be helpful for a lot of people I think. Especially young folks who feel invincible.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X