Infest of wasps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infest of wasps!

Is there any known solutions to keep these guys away from the house? Ive bought several cans of the spray and foam that kills them, but they always come back. Last night had about 20 live ones sneak into the upstairs bedroom. What do i do!?

Close the door and stuff a towel under the door. Sounds like your home has serious holes. Wasps only go inside to make a nest (out of the elements). They are probably all in the attic.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
      Close the door and stuff a towel under the door. Sounds like your home has serious holes. Wasps only go inside to make a nest (out of the elements). They are probably all in the attic.
      Once it gets cold, they'll settle down. That's when you need to find that nest. Even if it's really cold in the attic, some will come into the house due to the heat. We had some coming in through the A/C ducts and returns several winters ago, and I didn't think I was ever going to find that nest.

Comment

they are not in the attic. there is one room upstairs that they are coming in through there as of recently. otherwise all summer i have been killing them and their nests that are outside under the roof line. the upstairs room has a a/c wall unit and one window. they might be coming through both of those so im going to lowes tomorrow to fix and small cracks.

I am just wondering if there is any type of repellent out there that works.

Comment

nuke.
          Big Rooster Racing
          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Once it gets cold, they'll settle down. That's when you need to find that nest. Even if it's really cold in the attic, some will come into the house due to the heat. We had some coming in through the A/C ducts and returns several winters ago, and I didn't think I was ever going to find that nest.

2 years in a row now here and still can't find any GD nests anywhere. Driving me nuts.

Comment

Are they wasps or mud daubers?

Comment

For the last three years I have had wasps getting in through my fireplace. Twice a year they come in... in the winter when it starts to get cold and in the spring when it starts to get hot. I've had three different people climb around on my roof and try and seal up everything possible on my chimney and around the attic... they still get it. Some days there will be 6 or 7 that come in the house and when it is that bad I have gone up in the attic looking for more/a next and found nothing. I usually seal up the fireplace with a trashbag and painters tape and throw a "wasp bomb" in there and that seems to wipe them out until the next season. I've had the fireplace covered up for a little over a week and the other day I could hear a few buzzing against the plastic trying to get in.

Little bastards

Comment

Dude, this reminds me of a couple years ago on christmas eve at my parents house, we were opening some presents and had a fire going. Next thing we know half a dozen wasps are flying around the living room going crazy. It made christmas pretty exciting. Good luck. Wasps suck.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Wasps are nothing more than flying cockroaches.

Comment

I will craw through you attic in attempt to find them for a very low cost.
                      Big Rooster Racing
                      1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Wasps are nothing more than flying cockroaches.
                        That will fucking sting your ass!
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

i have a few dirt dobbers in the garage, but its definitely wasps in the house. i think im approaching 100 of them at this point.

what is a wasp bomb?

Comment

Working...
                          X