This is definately something I'd want to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is definately something I'd want to

Get in to. Too bad it's never a good idea to race your daily. Rats.
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
    You aren't racing...you are "learning". 95% of our students bring their daily driven car to our events. If you don't like that, rent a v6 mustang and have a blast. Hell, rent a 4cyl camry or 4cyl altima and come on down. there is really little worry about contact or tearing something up. as a beginner, you won't be going that fast because you are a cop and we have to change your way of driving anyway!

Hell, bring the cop car! That could be fun too!

Actually, looking at your sig...you have the perfect car to do an event.

Comment

how do you think the fox will corner with a spool and front runners ?
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
        I found out that a spool and corners dont work real well after bouncing over a few curbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
          I found out that a spool and corners dont work real well after bouncing over a few curbs.
          yea they aren't worth a fuck, I'm about to chunk off for a 33 posi. not looking forward to that.

back on topic though, it will corner better with a posi...lol
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Ya know, aggie97 is correct. Hell, you don't even have to push it hard really - just learn/relearn turns, braking and so forth from those who can teach.

I only did autox and the only problems I really had was the edge of my tires being worn down - mainly due to Mineral Wells and my poor driving. (I had fun more then being technical about it) Either way, you'll learn more then you think you can learn.

I'm getting the itch and thought about the v6 rental aggie mentioned. The part that drove me insane about autox is all the damned cones. I'd like to run on a track, just once when I have some time.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              you won't be going that fast because you are a cop and we have to change your way of driving anyway!

HAHA. That just struck me as funny as hell.

But on a serious note, what he speaks is the truth. I see lots of people at events with their daily drivers. It is safe and fun as hell!! You should give it a shot. Or, like aggie97 said, go rent one. Just don't tell them what you are planning to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                Anything can turn a corner....how fast or well it will turn a corner varies a great bit! LOL!

I rented a v6 stang once and took it to an SVTOA event. I drove it for 8 or 9 sessions and a buddy drove it for at least 4 sessions. We flogged the bejesus out of it. Tires were a little worn on the edges (tall sidewalls on v6) and the brakes were done. I took the car back 5 minutes till hertz closed, tossed them the keys and ran.

I did it a second time and put my race wheels/tires off of my race car on one and was embarrassing 07 Shelby GT's on street tires. It was hilarious!

Oh, and the teal car was his brother's car. Real 93 Cobra and it is a beautiful example of a track car. Almost too nice!

Comment

Aggie97, let me know when there's another road course, or Autox. I'd love to try out the Genesis out there.

Comment

Aggie97, let me know when there's another road course, or Autox. I'd love to try out the Genesis out there.
                    Hmm....I am thinking I need to create a master list of events through the end of year, and make a sticky. Then you guys will have no excuses for not looking it all up yourselves!

Comment

Hmm....I am thinking I need to create a master list of events through the end of year, and make a sticky. Then you guys will have no excuses for not looking it all up yourselves!
                      It's more personable when you invite people though.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                        It's more personable when you invite people though.
                        I've been inviting for 4 or 5 years now...maybe I need to start challenging their manhood and then they will show up....if at least to kick my ass...but they will show up, right?!

Comment

You can buy a older Miata CHEAP and they are fun as hell to drive in the turns.

Comment

I've been inviting for 4 or 5 years now...maybe I need to start challenging their manhood and then they will show up....if at least to kick my ass...but they will show up, right?!
                            They'll show up at least once and figure out how bad they really race. Then you'll see which ones come back to learn more.

Comment

Just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X