Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedition's Heater Is Weak.

Hey Guys,
    We just bought my mom a 98' Expedition and noticed the heater is weak, blows kinda warm like it's wanting to heat up, but never does.
    Mom lives in Illinois and her van is on it's last leg and she has no heater in the van.
    So we bought her this so she can have a reliable car with a/c and heat.

Any help would be grately appreciated. Trying to fix asap so we can get it up there so she doesn't have to freeze driving to work.

Thanks,
    Marc
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sounds like what mine was doing. Turned out to be a clogged heater core.

Comment

Could be worse....leaking, flush it and see what happens(the core), possible to be the blend door also.

Comment

Also an early sign of the water pump going out; poor circulation in the coolant system.

Keep an eye on the temp as well as puddles or pouring coolant after stopping. When it goes the coolant will poor out of the weep hole on the water pump.

Comment

I plan on taking it in tomarrow for a coolant flush and I'll have them look check it. Hope it's not too expensive, already went over budget, oops!

I appreciate the input.
          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

The coolant is looking pretty bad. Could it just need a coolant flush?

Comment

Pick one of these up at AutoZone, they've always worked great for me. All you need is a garden hose and $15.

Comment

I may just do that and flush it Sat. myself and save some money. I appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                  I may just do that and flush it Sat. myself and save some money. I appreciate that.
                  It's really easy, and does a great job. Here's the instructions http://www.prestone.com/products/print/461?popup=1

And here's an article with pics http://www.customclassictrucks.com/t...tem/index.html

Good luck!

Comment

Just make sure you install the T on the heater core inlet, and run the heater on full blast the entire time you flush.

If it's not too much work, you might wanna disconnect the hoses from the heater core and make sure they're not totally blocked. If there is blockage, you can break it up with a screwdriver, then flush.

Comment

Thanks! Well my brother said he will pay for the flush, but this will def. help with the wife's car and the stang. I appreciate the leg work and will bookmark this page.
                      I will ask Ford if they can check to see if the heater core is blocked and do what you said.
                      I just know to get to the heater core on these things the whole dash has to be removed.
                      But if it is a bad core, than I will have to change it, cause I heard have it done is around a $1,000 which I don't have so I'll pray and hope it's just mucked up coolant.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                      X