X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fat people 5k forum?

maybe?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

I think I qualify for that one!

Comment

There are loads of fat people in 5Ks...often times they are in the majority.

Comment

Nothing better than a fat boy passing up a tall skinny boy. I then proudly wipe my sweat at the finish line with my shirt showing my gut to all!

Comment

Originally posted by jfrog View Post
          Nothing better than a fat boy passing up a tall skinny boy. I then proudly wipe my sweat at the finish line with my shirt showing my gut to all!
          It throws me off how fast some of the tubbies are. And I'm sure some of the biggens are amazed at how slow I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            It throws me off how fast some of the tubbies are. And I'm sure some of the biggens are amazed at how slow I am.
            I've seen some big boys that can roll on bikes, too. The hills get them eventually. You can't fight gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              I've seen some big boys that can roll on bikes, too. The hills get them eventually. You can't fight gravity.
              During our group runs, I guess since I have more stocky/ muscular build, I can take the hills a lot easier than others? Even though I outweigh them by >100# ? I can't wait till I drop some more weight then how much more easier it will be

Comment

Originally posted by jfrog View Post
                During our group runs, I guess since I have more stocky/ muscular build, I can take the hills a lot easier than others? Even though I outweigh them by >100# ? I can't wait till I drop some more weight then how much more easier it will be
                At my peak, I still weighed about 190. We would train out at Joe Pool Lake climbing "Mamu" (Belt Line rd going up into Cedar Hill before they redid it). It's a long knee-grinder, but I could muscle up it pretty well, mostly seated. We also would make the climb up to Mountain Peak (FM875). A few training buddies would pass me like they were on Honda's. One of them finished the HHH 2nd behind Alan McCormack (Irish cycling champ). He was 145lbs.There's always exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                X