Next Genre of Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Genre of Toys

I think my next toy or hobbie is going to involve dirt, whether it is 2 or 4 wheels. I want something to screw around on for a month or two then sell it, for a profit.

With that being said, I don't know much about pricing dirtbikes or atv's but I think if I can get this bike for $2,000 it would be a reasonable deal with a little wiggle room for money back, plus some? What do you think?

I think I would be a lot more comfortable on a 250 than a 450. The 450 I was on felt like way to much bike for me.

Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Too high. Go look over at the TON and find you something pretty. Texas Offroad Network or DR Dave had a sweet deal posted up.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Not much profit to be made on used dirt bikes. FMX guys ride 250ccs, don't discount their capabilities.

Comment

I have a2011 KX250F I'll sell for 5k. it has 1/2 hour on it and comes with extras. Showrom condition.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Not much profit to be made on used dirt bikes. FMX guys ride 250ccs, don't discount their capabilities.
          they ride two strokes, right ? OP has a 4 stroke in the link

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
            The new injected 4 strokes have insane throttle response.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              It is all about percentages. If I can make 10%, 100-200 per bike or atv, then I am happy.

Originally posted by econodrag View Post
              I have a2011 KX250F I'll sell for 5k. it has 1/2 hour on it and comes with extras. Showrom condition.
              No thanks. I want something a bit older as I am still wet behind the ears when it comes to dirt.

Originally posted by futant View Post
              I am indifferent.

I just don't know how to price these. I want to buy one, play on it a bit then get rid of it without being negative.
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

That probaly won't happen unless you find a bike that is already bottomed out on price.

Comment

Originally posted by econodrag View Post
                  That probaly won't happen unless you find a bike that is already bottomed out on price.
                  Well, yeah... lol So there is not even a little chance of mark up to 100-200 bucks is what you're saying? I find that a little hard to believe but alright.

Comment

You may find a few. But the one you showed in the first post will not likely make you any money. Then you may get one that looses the engine while you are riding. It's a pretty big gamble.

Comment

What about this one for about $1700?

I looked on TON and didn't see any 250s in the range I wanted.
                      Last edited by 347Mike; 07-12-2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        What about this one for about $1700?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/mcy/2454334974.html
                        I would look on NADA to get an idea what the trade in value is. If you plan to make money with them I would try to buy under that price. That one is going to need fork seals so you looking a $125 plus right off the bat. I would say 1200 to 1500 tops.

Comment

flipping dirt bikes... quit while you are ahead.

Comment

My main objective is not flipping..... It is to ride and enjoy whatever it is that I buy. I don't see anything wrong with trying to purchase something cheaper than it is worth, using it for its purpose then selling it for more?

Do you buy everything with the mentality that you are going to lose money? I don't jump into anything without knowing how much it is going to cost, profit or not. If anything, it helps me identify deals vs good deals.

Comment

I have been riding for some time and even I would have a tough time making money on them. The best you can hope for is like my 426. The guy spent 3-4 thousand completely rebuilding it and I bought it with no time on it for cheap. I rode it for a season and sold it for a hair more then I paid and that is a win on my book. I also sold all the spare parts he gave me for a couple of hundred. I have been lucky over the years but one day I am sure I will buy one that will blow up on the first ride out. LOL Really though Dave had one in one of the posts that was super cheap. Hit him up and see if he still has it. plus we can meet somewhere and I will bring the 4 wheeler. We can swap a little so I can get the two wheeled urge out of my system.

I just want one about 5 times a year maybe we should group buy some toys like a DFWtimeshare system. We need a boat, two jet skis, a couple of dirt bikes and a four wheeler. I want a red week also dammit.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X