Electrical problem on '96 Dodge Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical problem on '96 Dodge Dakota

This is my Granny's 2nd vehicle that my sister is using for now. It's a '96 Dodge Dakota SLT with 3.9L Magnum V6. Truck has 100k miles.

Problem is the headlights have started cutting out periodically. Sometimes the dash lights are finiky as well. I've replaced fuses, but could try that again. The truck does have an aftermarket Alpine alarm that is not working at the moment. Not sure if that could be connected to the headlight problem or not.

I'm not great with electrical problems. Could this be a short somewhere? Or maybe the switch on the dash that controls the headlights and dash lights is bad?

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Gonna guess the headlamp switch or the dimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
      Gonna guess the headlamp switch or the dimmer.
      I wonder how much of a pain it is to replace. Guess I need to take a closer look at it.

That would probably be an easier solution than tracking down a short or bad connection of some kind.

Marcus
      '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
        I wonder how much of a pain it is to replace. Guess I need to take a closer look at it.

That would probably be an easier solution than tracking down a short or bad connection of some kind.

Marcus
        PM me an email and ill send you the r&r procedure as well as the electrical diagrams off alldata

Comment

Working...
        X