ARP head bolt torque specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARP head bolt torque specs?

for a 5.0 with ARP head bolts (1/2 head size) what are the torque specs? I think ARP is closed today. The website says 110 but that seems high and i know there were some steps before torquing them all the way down.

Thanks
    -Nick

What block?? 5.0 is 7/16 unless its a aftermarkrt block. I tq 1/2 to 100 and 110 on intake side
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      What block?? 5.0 is 7/16 unless its a aftermarkrt block. I tq 1/2 to 100 and 110 on intake side
      stock block 5.0

I found the arp box its a 154-3605 SB Ford302W but the torque instructions are not in it

Comment

90-95 ft lbs. I usua.lly go with 95
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
          90-95 ft lbs. I usua.lly go with 95
          I think mine are the 200,000 psi bolts. According to here i should have them on 80ft lbs

Comment

I recently added GT40 heads to my '92 using ARP bolts. I used 80 ft-lbs. I used 10-30 wt oil on the top bolts and the arp sealant on the bottom bolts.

I went in increments of 30-50-60-70-80 and you have to torque the bolts in the proper order. Do you have a shop manual, it shows the proper bolt sequence.

Marcus
            '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
              I think mine are the 200,000 psi bolts. According to here i should have them on 80ft lbs

http://www.arp-bolts.com/pages/techn...orque_us.shtml
              I see, well I would split it and torgue them at 85lbs. You will be fine with whatever you decide to do. Is it a high horsepower motor?

Also, go 50lbs, 70lbs, 85lbs.
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
              11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                I see, well I would split it and torgue them at 85lbs. You will be fine with whatever you decide to do. Is it a high horsepower motor?

Also, go 50lbs, 70lbs, 85lbs.
                Its a low horse power junk yard motor. I just put them straight to 80 inside to outside

Comment

Working...
                X