Remington 270

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington 270

What is this rifle worth? It is a Remington .270 Model 700 ADL (Wood Stock)with a Tasco scope that sells for $150ish. Only fired a couple of times & looks like new.

The guy wants $475 for it.

Depending on what year it was made, you might want to research it.
    I know there has been some issues with the rem 700's randomly discharging lately.

Comment

Yes the year would/could make a difference, but 475 is max price I'd say. You can find better deals.
      Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
        Depending on what year it was made, you might want to research it.
        I know there has been some issues with the rem 700's randomly discharging lately.
        First I am hearing this... My Rem 700 sps .308 has never done anything of the sort. Maybe I got lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
          First I am hearing this... My Rem 700 sps .308 has never done anything of the sort. Maybe I got lucky?
          My dad was telling something about this the other day. I don't know where he heard or read it. Guessing it's happend to fair amount of them recently and something about someone getting shot because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
            My dad was telling something about this the other day. I don't know where he heard or read it. Guessing it's happend to fair amount of them recently and something about someone getting shot because of it.
            Sounds like some training might be in order if guns are being pointed at people in these accidental shootings. I don't even chamber a round when I'm deer hunting until I see one I want to shoot.

Comment

You can read about the Remington issue on their site. It is not a new issue but greatly debated.

Comment

How can I find out what year it was built?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                  How can I find out what year it was built?
                  By decoding the serial number. Google it.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

CNBC just ran a special on the Remington 700. Apparently there have been a lot of cases of the gun going off when you release the safety.
                    Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
                      CNBC just ran a special on the Remington 700. Apparently there have been a lot of cases of the gun going off when you release the safety.
                      I'm guessing that's what he saw too.

Comment

It really does happen but I did not think it was a problem with their current rifles. I bought mine used in the 80's and it actually did this once to me. I was taking the safety off and it discharged!!!! This was a real shock and I was very glad I was out in an open field and not pointing at anything near by.

I have just never gotten around to taking it to the gunsmith and getting it fixed. I think it is not hard to fix and I believe I read that Remington will pay for the fix but I am not completely sure about that.
                        2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
                        2011 Harley Davidson F150
                        2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Working...
                        X