• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas "rumors"

Let's keep our fingers crossed

They need to get rid of GD

Comment

All of that info is from somebody " close" to Mack Brown? Texas isn't losing recruiting momentum. It's still one of the highest sought after schools in the nation, much less Texas.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

If Mack doesn't find a QB, they might all be job hunting. You can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad...

Comment

Holgerson from OK state.....wonder if Weeden could come along and not have to sit for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
            All of that info is from somebody " close" to Mack Brown? Texas isn't losing recruiting momentum. It's still one of the highest sought after schools in the nation, much less Texas.
            Right. Recruiting isn't their problem.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post

It didn't say it was right now. Said that was Mack's fear in the future if this keeps up

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                If Mack doesn't find a QB, they might all be job hunting. You can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad...

OR they could get him some help. But i'm sure that won't help Gilbert out any either.

*cough* Malcom Brown *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                  OR they could get him some help. But i'm sure that won't help Gilbert out any either.

*cough* Malcom Brown *cough*
                  Help would be good. He's going to be the QB next year, so might as well.

Comment

Help would be good. He's going to be the QB next year, so might as well.

Yes sir, rather any of us like it or not. Just like Davis will probably still be the damn OC next year.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't UT touted as having the "Defense to win it all" this year on the cover of SI? Seems to me UT had issues on both sides of the ball. The D looked good against Nebraska but gave up an average of 31 points a game in their seven losses. Seems like coaching on the defensive side of the ball should be looked at as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Trash View Post
                        Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't UT touted as having the "Defense to win it all" this year on the cover of SI? Seems to me UT had issues on both sides of the ball. The D looked good against Nebraska but gave up an average of 31 points a game in their seven losses. Seems like coaching on the defensive side of the ball should be looked at as well.

True, but Texas also played all year without any TRUE DT's. Most of them were all DE's turned inside. Which is why i believe they couldn't stop the run up the middle. Which in return puts pressure on the linebackers and then eventually the secondary to make more plays. I think one true DT played this year and that was Kheeston Randall. And he was no Lamaar Houston

One of the big 3 freshman DT's did get to play towards the end, Ashton Dorsey. SHOULD be some big beef in the middle next year with Dorsey, Bible and Cotton getting alot of playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Trash View Post
                          The defense is very young. The ineptness (if that's a word) of the offense, left the defense under a tremendous amount of pressure, through turnovers and 3-down possessions. Stick to football south of Austin, before I quit rooting for A&M to be Big 12 champs...

Comment

The defense is very young. The ineptness (if that's a word) of the offense, left the defense under a tremendous amount of pressure, through turnovers and 3-down possessions. Stick to football south of Austin, before I quit rooting for A&M to be Big 12 champs...

You should have your nuts kicked just for saying that you're rooting for aggy. BTW, their is no way they get in. Just like 2yrs ago, OU will go.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                              You should have your nuts kicked just for saying that you're rooting for aggy. BTW, their is no way they get in. Just like 2yrs ago, OU will go.
                              Well, they did beat both those guys. It's more of a "repect" thing, I guess. Hell, the last time they had a significant season, Jesus was still wearing short pants...

Comment

Working...
                              X