TCU in Big 12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU in Big 12?

Would you like to see TCU make a bid for the Big 12 conference? I haven't heard anyone talking about this, etc, just knowing what we all know right now I think this would be a great addition to the Big 12 and also give TCU the stage they have deserved to play on. Thoughts? Discuss....

Only way it would happen is if Texas lost all of its appeal. If Texas lost their fan base then TCU could come in. There is no reason for the Big 12 to want TCU.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Only way it would happen is if Texas lost all of its appeal. If Texas lost their fan base then TCU could come in. There is no reason for the Big 12 to want TCU.
      Money is always a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
        And that is the reason they won't be in the Big 12.

With UT, the big 12 has the Texas tv market locked up. TCU isn't an added gain in that aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post

That's exactly the reason they won't come into the big12. They won't bring in big money. If the big12 was desperatly needing someone to fill a spot, they might ask them to join. Their is just not a big market for TCU

Comment

And that is the reason they won't be in the Big 12.

With UT, the big 12 has the Texas tv market locked up. TCU isn't an added gain in that aspect.

You beat me to it

Comment

This is one of the reasons I don't think there should be conferences anymore. The conference system needs to be blown up and it be more like one big league with revenue divided equally through the schools. That way you can eliminate the whole issue of the conferences reputation defining whether a team is good or bad.

And yes, a playoff system needs to determine the national champion.

Comment

This is one of the reasons I don't think there should be conferences anymore. The conference system needs to be blown up and it be more like one big league with revenue divided equally through the schools. That way you can eliminate the whole issue of the conferences reputation defining whether a team is good or bad.

And yes, a playoff system needs to determine the national champion.
                That's why cfb is so great. All season someone is bitching or making a case for thier team should be ranked where.

Comment

Mwc should be held in higher regards when Boise St joins next year. With the big 12 ditching their championship game, there's no reason for TCU to move.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'd love to see tcu in the big 12.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                    X