B210K bridge to 10k app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B210K bridge to 10k app

after completing the C25K i downloaded the bridge to 10k on the iphone. it keeps messing up and restarting during the middle of my runs. anyone else have it and experience the same problems? imma try to restart the iphone, sync it, and or redownload the app tonight.

Solid Barg WARNING:

BTW i am running 3.1-3.5 miles every other day after using the couch 2 5k app. so it def works and is worth the price. prior i rarely ran a day in my adult life.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

What are you running from Paul?

Comment

life.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

good plan

Comment

What's your pace?

Comment

Nice, Paul! You got a 10k picked out? Let us know how it goes!(the program and the race) How much weight did you loose from the start of the C25K to the Too Hot? Have you come to the end of a run and felt like you were not done yet? You will!

-Jonny
            2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
            '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
            '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
              Have you come to the end of a run and felt like you were not done yet? You will!

-Jonny
              See, I'm getting mixed messages about this and am starting to think as I get older maybe I should ease up. I've never once felt like I could -just keep going- when I met a running goal. I MAY be able to keep going, but I'd have to slow up to recover a little...

Long story short, I can run a mile and be exhausted at the end of it cause I push it as hard as I can. I'm just as tired after a 5K as I am a 10K or more most of the time. Was talking with a dude and he was talking about running to your heart rate instead of exhaustion. What, if anything, have you read?

In the younger days, school sports, Army...etc...etc it was all about 110% non-stop. Of course, during the Army days, I've know numerous (healthy) people to just fall over dead from heart failure too. So, I'm wondering if there is something to the heart rate thing. Especially still being overweight and all that crap...
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                See, I'm getting mixed messages about this and am starting to think as I get older maybe I should ease up. I've never once felt like I could -just keep going- when I met a running goal. I MAY be able to keep going, but I'd have to slow up to recover a little...

Long story short, I can run a mile and be exhausted at the end of it cause I push it as hard as I can. I'm just as tired after a 5K as I am a 10K or more most of the time. Was talking with a dude and he was talking about running to your heart rate instead of exhaustion. What, if anything, have you read?

In the younger days, school sports, Army...etc...etc it was all about 110% non-stop. Of course, during the Army days, I've know numerous (healthy) people to just fall over dead from heart failure too. So, I'm wondering if there is something to the heart rate thing. Especially still being overweight and all that crap...
                I've read a little on the subject. I'm in it for fun and to burn fat, so I try and keep in the 60-70% of max rate (Around 148-155 for me, if memory serves), but since I don't have a monitor yet, I use the breathing trick. If you can carry on a normal conversation without gasping (ask your wife how much I shut up during the Supermahan 5K! LOL) OR you can breathe through your nose, you're in that range. The distance I can keep a comfortable pace is getting longer and longer.

You can raise this "comfortable pace rate" by increasing your cardio fitness with interval and speed training, which will lower your resting heart rate and give you more range. I hope to get to a sub 9m/m comfortable pace and high 7s "pushing the pace"(Dumping 40lbs will go a long way to getting me there!!) using training such as: sprinting the straights and walking the curves on a track (I know a guy who ran a marathon on only training 200m sprints) OR running a distance in your upper 75-85 range and then slowing back down till you recover and repeat for a given period OR (more my style) Fartlek (which we've discussed) as shown here for the folks not familiar: http://running.about.com/od/training...f/fartleks.htm

Either way, I'd like to be able to go out and throw down a 20mile run when the mood strikes, or blast out a 25ish min 5K or 50min 10K, but only if it's still FUN! I think I have a high level of "Fuckitall" in my system. Thursday, Trisa and I ran a 10K around the neighborhood and at about mile 4-4.5, although my feet, legs, breathing, energy and all were in perfect sync and I felt great, the proverbial monkey on my back was telling me I needed to stop. I was not running hard...probably took us 1:15 (+/- 12m/m pace and I'm usually in the high 9-low 11 m/m running alone), but my brain just thought that was long enough. I think that's going to be my biggest hurdle. The mental aspect...

Did any of that make sense? Maybe we can get RD to weigh in...he's actually had formal running training. The way I've heard it, you train to race, but you don't race to train, so you train slow and race fast. You have to condition your body to burn fat first and save the muscle and liver sugars for the end, when you're running long distances, but I'm still not quite sure how you do that...

-Jonny

PS:You don't get slower until some time in your 60s, by the research I've seen, so if you want to get back to your blistering Military run speed, you can...easily! (if done right.)
                '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Naw, everything you said is sensible and what I was looking for from an opinion point of view.

I'm in the same boat as you, another 20-30 pounds will also go a long way to running a smoother pace. That would be 170-180. When I ran decently fast times I was 145, but the wife said I was too boney. Gotta watch those long distance run, I'm not familiar with anyone that can reliably do those that has any...meat on their bones. You?
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    Naw, everything you said is sensible and what I was looking for from an opinion point of view.

I'm in the same boat as you, another 20-30 pounds will also go a long way to running a smoother pace. That would be 170-180. When I ran decently fast times I was 145, but the wife said I was too boney. Gotta watch those long distance run, I'm not familiar with anyone that can reliably do those that has any...meat on their bones. You?
                    That's kind of the idea...by the time you get to those distances, there is no room for a "spare tire"...couldn't hold on to one if you tried!

Yes, I know a few ultra people from a couple boards I'm on and they are not little skeleton guys. RD doesn't like barefoot talk, so I won't go into it...we'll just say, proper technique is the key to comfortable running for the rest of your life.(IMHO) ;o)

-Jonny
                    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Speak and it's emailed to you! Haha

Speed training...

-Jonny
                      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        What's your pace?
                        slow.... like 11mins/mile

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                        Nice, Paul! You got a 10k picked out? Let us know how it goes!(the program and the race) How much weight did you loose from the start of the C25K to the Too Hot? Have you come to the end of a run and felt like you were not done yet? You will!

-Jonny

not yet, gonna be a while i am sure. i lost about 10lbs, mostly visable in the face, my belly is standing strong! lolz. ran 4 miles this morning before work, and now have a blister on my foot.
                        and this freaking app is not working right... its not ending when i should, it just keeps going when it should stop.
                        god bless.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          and this freaking app is not working right... its not ending when i should, it just keeps going when it should stop.
                          god bless.
                          HAHA, and I remember just a year ago, someone saying, "the old lady wants to get me an iPhone, what the hell do I need an iPhone for? My flip phone works just like I need it to"

Comment

Working...
                          X