headache while working out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headache while working out?

The last couple of weeks I've been getting these horrible headaches while working out. I'm about to go the doctor to see what's the deal but I wanted to see if this has happened to any of you before? I quit taking my pre workout drink to see if that was it but it's still the same. This sucks... :-(

It's like in the back part of the head and it just starts to pound when lifting relatively heavy. I've been working out for a while but this just started...

how much water do you drink during the day?

Comment

Most heat exhaustion headaches I've had were in the front. Not to say that's not it...

Memo, does it do that when doing cardio, when hot...higher heart rate? I don't know the answer, just seeing if there is a cause and effect type thing.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Memo View Post
        The last couple of weeks I've been getting these horrible headaches while working out. I'm about to go the doctor to see what's the deal but I wanted to see if this has happened to any of you before? I quit taking my pre workout drink to see if that was it but it's still the same. This sucks... :-(

It's like in the back part of the head and it just starts to pound when lifting relatively heavy. I've been working out for a while but this just started...
        Something similar happened to me while doing leg presses once. Sharp, excruciating pain at the base and back of my skull that came on very suddenly. I don't know what caused it, but I went easy for two or three weeks because the same headaches would come on if I pushed myself too hard. It eventually went away, and I haven't experienced it since.
        Men have become the tools of their tools.
        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

too much goth music!

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
            how much water do you drink during the day?
            Tons of water. At least a gallon or two. That's all I drink. Well, unless I'm out drinking with the buddies....

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Most heat exhaustion headaches I've had were in the front. Not to say that's not it...

Memo, does it do that when doing cardio, when hot...higher heart rate? I don't know the answer, just seeing if there is a cause and effect type thing.
              Nope, I'm good during cardio. It's just with heavy lifting. And it just started.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
                Something similar happened to me while doing leg presses once. Sharp, excruciating pain at the base and back of my skull that came on very suddenly. I don't know what caused it, but I went easy for two or three weeks because the same headaches would come on if I pushed myself too hard. It eventually went away, and I haven't experienced it since.
                This is pretty much what's happening. You think it may be a problem with blood circulation?

Comment

I would think it would relate to the tension in your shoulders and upper back/neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Memo View Post
                    This is pretty much what's happening. You think it may be a problem with blood circulation?
                    Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    I would think it would relate to the tension in your shoulders and upper back/neck.
                    I really couldn't say. It seemed like I was tensing up my neck when I was doing the leg presses, and maybe something got strained. I'd have seen a doctor about it, but I'm stubborn.

You listening to goth music? Might have something to do with it.
                    Men have become the tools of their tools.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

High blood pressure?
                      sigpic
                      1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
                      1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

or get a massage maybe that will help.
                        sigpic

Comment

I had similar headaches that went all the way from the back to the front of my head on the right side and I was told it was strained muscles. They went away eventually.

Comment

Hot tub helps too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                              this. its been happening to me to. i think it has to do with a stiff neck and high blood pressure. mine really only happens when i so shrugs and upright rows. i don't take a pre work out supplement either.

the pain would be so bad after i worked out that i had trouble sleeping and it would even hurt the next day it felt like i could feel my pulse in the lower back right side of my head and it would radiate to behind my eye with every heart beat. it sucked. i was on a prohormone (phantom phreak) at the time that increases blood pressure and i just cut down to a half dose for the last week and it stopped and now i am just on my pct and haven't really has an issue since.

Comment

Working...
                              X