Shipping heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping heads?

Whats the best way to ship a set of cast iron sbf heads in the states? Should I strap them to a pallet and take it to fedex/ups or stuff each head into a box and do two boxes?

the guy that sent me some junk 4v heads put them in a cardboard box lined with 1" foam. they werent damaged except for the chunks out of the combustion chambers from the nitrous.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
      the guy that sent me some junk 4v heads put them in a cardboard box lined with 1" foam. they werent damaged except for the chunks out of the combustion chambers from the nitrous.
      x2 thats how mine came from AFR with a piece of wood between the two heads

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I shipped some old 289 heads to Cali from Tx a couple of years ago. I simply put them in a box with foam between them and packed them VERY tightly in the box. I then put that box in a slightly larger box and again, packed it all VERY tightly. Afterwards, I taped the outer box with aluminum tape, available at your home improvement store. Then I taped over that with regular old duct tape, followed by a full wrapping of stranded packing tape, finishing up with clear packing tape. The heads arrived with no problems other than the buyer could tell they'd been put through hell and back. Thanks UPS!
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I have shipped them several different ways. The best way to ship them is in separate boxes, unless you are very confident in your packing abilities so that the heads wouldn't bang against each other on the way to their destination. Usually I just use UPS, but I make damn sure I have a box sturdy enough to stand up to their abuse. Never lost any and haven't had any reports of damage by the end users. You can always box them up and then put them on a pallet, but that will probably cost twice as much, plus you have the risk of someone being an idiot along the way and stacking shit on top of it.

Comment

Sliding a piece of plywood between them works best.

Comment

I just wrapped them in card board and duct tape several times. I thought the guy at UPS was going to let me put them in a box with packing material but he said it was best to just slap a sticker on and let them ride.

Comment

Working...
              X