Road bike seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road bike seats

What are y'all using for a comfy seat? Still using stock trek 2.1 alpha seat. Sucks!!! I'm 6'00 195lbs.

I use a Blackwell Mo' Flow. I'm 6' 205lbs. In all honesty, I only do 20-25 mile rides because I'm doing "sprint" triathlons. I can attest to the comfort for that hour or so. They are kind of hard to find.

Comment

Awesome thanks. I'll look into em.

Comment

I've never strayed from Fi'zi:k. On or off road.

Last edited by TruestreetTim; 07-23-2011, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TruestreetTim View Post
          I've never strayed from Fi'zi:k. On or of road.

http://www.fizik.it/road.aspx
          +1

I run the Fi'zick Tundra 00 on my mtb and Fi'zick Arione K:1.
          Originally posted by Denny
          I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Specialized Phenom.

Comment

Its all personal taste. You are going to just try a few. I have tried Fizik Arione's which I still have sitting in my garage if you want one. I have tried Specialized Toupe, and now I am riding on a Sele Italia gel flow. Just try one out and see how it fits. I good idea is to go to your bike shop and they have a way of measuring your sit bones and see what will work best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                Its all personal taste. You are going to just try a few. I have tried Fizik Arione's which I still have sitting in my garage if you want one. I have tried Specialized Toupe, and now I am riding on a Sele Italia gel flow. Just try one out and see how it fits. I good idea is to go to your bike shop and they have a way of measuring your sit bones and see what will work best for you.
                Dead on. Years ago, I rode on Brooks, Rolls, Selle, you name it. Every ass is different, but I found several that worked fine. Time in the saddle is a lot of it. I can't remember finishing a century ride, and the first thing I said was,"Damn! That saddle is great!".

By the way, I'd love to try out that Fizik if you're serious...

Comment

Every stock seat put on a trek has been a flaming piece of shit.

Specialized on the other hand generally puts a usable seat on their bikes.

You need to figure out how wide your sit bones are, that will let you narrow down your search for a seat. Any specialized shop can tell ya this, and point you at some seats you might like to try. Most good shops will have some loaner seats for you to test ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    Dead on. Years ago, I rode on Brooks, Rolls, Selle, you name it. Every ass is different, but I found several that worked fine. Time in the saddle is a lot of it. I can't remember finishing a century ride, and the first thing I said was,"Damn! That saddle is great!".

By the way, I'd love to try out that Fizik if you're serious...
                    Not a problem. It is just sitting in my garage.

Comment

Working...
                    X