Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those that competed in the Jan 15 - jun 15, 2010....Where are you now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those that competed in the Jan 15 - jun 15, 2010....Where are you now?

Questions

Did you continue trying to improve yourself?

You feel better about the skin you wear now, compared to then?

How do you feel about your quality of life now, compared to then?

Anything changed in your routine?

I ask this because everyone needs a little "inspiration". Well, this isn't inspiration... It's just my story. Please reply with pics, and don't be bitches. I'm posting this because I was lifting my ass off to compete with you guys/gals. Problem with that is the pain accompanied with lifting, always leaves me without an appetite.

When I started:

Couple weeks After starting, I was forced to sell my condo in Columbus Oh. I couldn't afford it anymore. Had another house in Missouri that we were renovating. No gym used, just labor, cave man cheap diet, and weights I own (30lb) This was taken before I finally tossed in the towel on my left arm and had it amputated.

Weeks after we started,

Just woke up:

I now live in Ft Lauderdale Fl....
    I maintain a healthy cheap diet
    I haven't lifted in 6 months, just do water aerobics. ...pain free

182.7lbs in this photo taken right before writing this. I'm 6'1

I have seen some tough times, and lost damn near everything I own since the start of that competition. I really dislike my appearance sometimes, but know there is nothing I can do about it. That's not true for many that are uncomfortable with themselves. More power to ya

damn man, i'm a lazy bastard.. thanks for pointing that out haha
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Awesome work man. That really is persistence. How do you work chest?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Awesome work man. That really is persistence. How do you work chest?
        I think a lot of it is the remains of my old pec when it was larger. I mock what I'm doing in my right arm, with my left. I feel that I still have a hand. So if I'm doing bench, I'm still naturally using what muscles I have remaining on my left side, to mock that of my right side. I don't have to think about it, same as you. ....... catching my drift?

Comment

I remember you talking about the prospect of not having a 'physical' arm and how tough that would be mentally? How has that been?

Fwiw, you look better without it.
          www.crossfit.com

Comment

Your looking great man. Keep your head up.
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Judging by your posts and such, you should go be a personal trainer. Very few people out there with the determination, motivation and over attitude you have and have maintained. Great work man.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Amazing timing, Bro! I met a blind runner doing the Lady of the Lake relay last Saturday and it got me thinking, but I didn't realize I was thinking about this till Thursday when I wsa running with my wife, hit a mental wall and couldn't answer a simple question...what's my motivation to train to run a Marathon before I turn 40 next year? What motivates a blind woman to run 3.75miles around a lake swarming with other runners and crazy ass people on road bikes in a relay race? What motivates YOU to blast away and come out on top?!! (You are on top...if you didn't know it!) I saw this move "Running the Sahara" where 3 guys run almost 4500 miles in 111 days averaging...that's 40 miles a day in the desert. Where does the mental toughness come from? Where do you find that kind of drive?

I second the personal trainer suggestion! If there was a competition, you got my vote!

-Jonny
                2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  Judging by your posts and such, you should go be a personal trainer. Very few people out there with the determination, motivation and over attitude you have and have maintained. Great work man.
                  I was a personal trainer. This injury was my biggest defeat. I lost my business in training from this accident.

Comment

Originally posted by 88whitepony View Post
                    I was a personal trainer. This injury was my biggest defeat. I lost my business in training from this accident.
                    What is to stop you from being a trainer again?

Comment

Pic on the left is either from really late last year or like January of this year. Pic on the right is from a couple of months ago.

Took these this morning.

In December, these shorts fit.

I still wouldn't consider my diet all that great. I'm pretty much the same weight as I am in the top right pic now, but I feel I have a bit more muscle mass and a little less fat. Would be a lot less fat if I didn't love cheese on everything I eat.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Oh yeah. I know theyre elastic shorts but theyre stretched out like crazy from being a lazy fatass for so long. Thats not from tugging on the elastic.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

88whitepony- I've said it once(on the other site) and I'll say it again.. You're an inspiration and you look great!

As for the "competition." I stuck through it,had a few set backs but I continued to workout as much as I could.. I am happier with how I am,but I still need improvements to fully satisfy myself. I have been slacking the past few weeks.. but I am going to get back after it!

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                            Oh yeah. I know theyre elastic shorts but theyre stretched out like crazy from being a lazy fatass for so long. Thats not from tugging on the elastic.
                            Nice improvement bro! I gotta say though, diet is the majority of the battle. If you need any help with anything, PM me. How tall are you, and what was your weight before and what is it now?

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                            88whitepony- I've said it once(on the other site) and I'll say it again.. You're an inspiration and you look great!

As for the "competition." I stuck through it,had a few set backs but I continued to workout as much as I could.. I am happier with how I am,but I still need improvements to fully satisfy myself. I have been slacking the past few weeks.. but I am going to get back after it!
                            Failed with your followup on pics...

The competition for me was a lot more than just lifting weights. Confidence builder, relief, motivation, etc. My goal was to put on weight but stay lean. Percentage gained/lost wise, I couldn't have won the competition.... I knew that going into it.

I was not looking to be inspirational. Like I always tell people "You'd do the same thing if it happened to you." Stangin4lyfe kind of changed my perception on the statement... so I figured I'd post up again and have anyone who competed in it, post up pics of where they are at now, compared to then. The questions I ask, because although I never made my goal of breaking 200lbs again during the comp, I'm happier than ever with how my body feels. At the time of my accident, I was 225lbs with 7-8% body fat and had the goal of making 245 one day. I was never "happy". Hard to be Happy as a personal trainer, running my own business. Your body Is a selling point and PT is all about retention and bringing on new clients. PT was the easy part.

Why not do it now? I am currently living in Ft. Lauderdale Fl. I really dislike the area and It's saturated with personal trainers. I did continue to train after my injury, but found that I was not able to set great examples other than verbally, and assisting was awkward. .....Going back to school soon

Jonny00gt

My motivation?

I'm currently living off my veterans disability, so I eat plain and healthy. I swim because it's a pain free enviroment and I've always enjoyed it. Everything else has just fallen into place for my build. I try to swim or tread water for as long as my body lets me, usually. When in water, I don't have the "white noise" of my bodies nerve pain.... muscle pain/ache is much more enjoyable in my opinion.

Thanks for the comp's

T

Comment

Originally posted by 88whitepony View Post

Failed with your followup on pics...

T
                              LOL- I was at work when I posted that.. didn't have any pictures. I have lost most of my definition that I had in my arms and back due to surgery.. but I have some pictures throughout the motivation/tracking thread starting on page 2..
                              EDIT:
                              Two pictures from this morning.. I feel very soft right now but I can only blame myself. My workouts havent been consistant the past 3-4 weeks.. last week I went 1 day. BAD!

It's time to get back after it for sure!!!
                              Last edited by KoopaTroopa; 07-26-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X