Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Con-Way Freight desperate need of drivers and dock workers $18.49/start

for Garland and Dallas locations.

I had lunch with some friends today and one of the girls there said they are desperate for people to work the dock and drive. She said dock workers start at $18.49/hour and drivers start at $19.03/hour. Give me a sec and ill upload a pic of the hiring manager's business card. This lady is out of the Garland location, but the Dallas location is desperate for people too. You will be working 50 hours week FYI she said too.

This is what I found out

Job Description

Truck Driver Apprentice - Garland TX-DRI003341

Description

The Con-way Freight (LTL) Driver Apprentice Program is an intensive twelve module training program consisting of classroom education and hands on driving experience. The Apprentice will work as a dock worker for a minimum of 30 days prior to the start of classroom training. There is up to 90 days of classroom training in the program. If successfully completed, the Apprentice will be eligible to test to obtain a Commercial Drivers License with hazardous materials endorsements and doubles/triples endorsements, and upon meeting all other company requirements the Apprentice may be eligible to be offered a Driver/Sales Representative position.

Description of Essential Job Functions:
    Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
    Ability to work the designated shift prior to or following a 4 hour unpaid classroom training session.
    Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight & other objects of various shapes, sizes & weights (up to 50 lbs frequently & greater than 75 lbs occasionally); safely operate heavy equipment; move & position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs; safely climb in and out of a tractor cab & trailer; sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift; safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; when required and under supervision, safely operate a tractor/trailer combination, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials; and safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
    Under supervision, safely operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable) and perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
    Obtain a Class A CDL permit and within 90 days obtain a Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Doubles/Triples endorsements.
    Maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT), and company policies as required.
    Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
    Ability to handle hazardous materials.
    Adhere to company safety policies.
    Frequent contact with service center personnel in a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment.
    Safely work in adverse weather conditions.
    Perform other duties as assigned.
    Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.

Qualifications

Must be 21 years of age or older.
    Forklift experience preferred.
    Safe driving record and history.
    Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals.
    Pass company paid DOT physical.
    Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
    Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire Screen (physical essential functions) test.

Job Drivers
    Primary LocationUnited States-Texas-Dallas
    Black 1998 Cobra #2885

Comment

Heres the web-site

Black 1998 Cobra #2885

Comment

do you know if they still need people

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Armijo View Post
          do you know if they still need people
          If I were you I would call them
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
          X