Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone deal with food intolerances/ allergies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone deal with food intolerances/ allergies?

I noticed my past few runs really sucked, I had veered off course on my diet so took in more carbs/bread. I ate some whole grain bread and felt bad for a whole day. Well cut out my "breads" past few days and feel a whole lot better and actually dropped about 5lbs. Noticed no bloating, hands swelling or feeling like crap after I eat. Will be able to tell if it makes a difference this sat on our 7mile group run

Maybe you're allergic to glutens.

Comment

Some people are alergic to grains. I read that grains have defenses that can trigger auto imune reactions in some people causing the body to attack the grain and the intestine.

I know some people who switched to the paleo diet: http://www.earth360.com/diet_paleodiet_balzer.html and would feel the way you're describing whenever they would eat carbs, bread, etc.

-Jonny
      2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
      '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        Maybe you're allergic to glutens.
        I was negative on the sprue test

Comment

I've been terribly allergic to every single airborne allergen they test for for most of my life, but just recently got retested and discovered that I'm allergic to corn as well. After eliminating it from my diet (as well as I can) my asthma is moderately better and I've discovered that corn and corn products trigger migraines for me. Was glad to find out but corn is kind of in everything, so it's a bit of a pain in the ass. Fortunately, the more processed it is the less it affects me.

Comment

my wife has a gluten allergy... sucks, but at least she finally figured it out!
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Remembered, some years back a dr did allergy test by blood sample and showed I was allergic to rye. They didn't specify rye grass or like food rye. Also I can't drink beer or my hands swell and I'll generally feel miserable/uncomfortable

Comment

Originally posted by jfrog View Post
                Remembered, some years back a dr did allergy test by blood sample and showed I was allergic to rye. They didn't specify rye grass or like food rye. Also I can't drink beer or my hands swell and I'll generally feel miserable/uncomfortable
                I'd go get retested if I were you; allergies have a habit of stopping and starting on their own. I didn't have any food allergies when I was tested 7 years ago or so and developed this corn one out of the middle of nowhere. I've been told shit can disappear too, but my airborne tests beg to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by jfrog View Post
                  Have you had a standard skin test or blood panel, in addition to the Sprue? It could be a yeast allergy, or a combination of grain and yeast. Have you noticed any issues with non-distilled alcohol?

Comment

It was the blood, which showed rye

Comment

Only problem with beer, although I quit all alcohol about 2yrs ago so not sure about now

Comment

I would consider requesting a full panel, especially since you tested negative for celiac's disease. There may be more than just a grain allergy, and you'll know what exactly you're dealing with.

Comment

Working...
                        X