Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explorer intake and throttle cable bracket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer intake and throttle cable bracket?

I'm having some issues figuring out what throttle bracket to run. You can see I have three in the picture. In the second picture is what im thinking about doing. Mounting the black bracket then cutting it up so I can put the stock bracket onto it. I'm not sure how well this will work as the black bracket is kinda flimsy. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Yeah, that's gonna flex quite a bit if you do that. You don't have an EGR spacer laying around?

Comment

RJM
      makes EGR eliminator plates that would work. $35

Comment

I'm running an Explorer intake with Summit 70mm throttle body and stock throttle cables and bracket.

I removed the EGR and got a 1" EGR delete plate from www.corral.net. A member on there makes them for $35. The 1" plates keep the throttle bracket and cables in their stock locations and you won't have clearance problems with the valve cover.

Marcus
        '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

get that aluminum bracket. Don't fuck with the factory one, it's a piece of shit and it will give you more hell than it's worth.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
          X