something different in plano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something different in plano

I'm from Abilene and headed out to eat with a group of people in Plano tonight. Was gonna go to the Bavarian Grill buthey are closed on Sundays. Anyone have any suggestions of a good place to go that is different than the norm of chilis or applebees and the such? Please keep answers confined to Plano. Thanks in advance.
    Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
    -Fred Sanford

http://www.jasminecoit.com/ One of my favorites, it's small & BYOB.

http://www.holygrailpub.com/ if you want more of the bar/beer feel.

Comment

Zenna (Central/Parker area) (Thai/Japanese with a decent sushi bar)

All sorts of places around the Shops at Legacy (Far NW Plano)-- check out their website as there are way too many to list.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Jasper's.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Jasper's.
          Hopefully he's not paying for the entire group.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            Sunday through Thursday:
            $35 Four-Course Menu
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

bavarian grill is great to drink at (i have a momostallion stein on the wall) but the food... not my style.

whiskey cake (tollway and parker)
              urban crust (downtown plano)
              brickhouse (eh, just another breastaurant that's been going downhill)
              red's (spring creek and preston next to mi cocina)
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

It's really not that bad

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                Sunday through Thursday:
                $35 Four-Course Menu

And I didnt even know about this^.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

bavarian grill is great to drink at (i have a momostallion stein on the wall) but the food... not my style.

whiskey cake (tollway and parker)
                  urban crust (downtown plano)
                  brickhouse (eh, just another breastaurant that's been going downhill)
                  red's (spring creek and preston next to mi cocina)
                  Whiskey Cake is overpriced and ungood. Not bad, but definitely not good either.

Brickhouse was one of the shittiest places I've been to in recent memory. How the hell they can call themselves a tavern and tap when they only serve Coors Light, Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Budweiser and Shiner is a fucking disgrace.

Never been to Urban Crust, but I LOVE The Fillmore next door to it.
                  Last edited by Geor!; 07-31-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks for y'alls input. Gonna try out the holy trail pub. On site fresh ground sirloin burger and the beer selection seems right up my alley. Their menu seems to have something for everybody. I'll let y'all know how it is.

Dfwmustang culinary experts FTW!!!!!
                    Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                    -Fred Sanford

Comment

Yeah I'll be checking this Holy Grail place out sometime in the coming week. Never heard of it before.

Comment

Brickhouse was one of the shittiest places I've been to in recent memory. How the hell they can call themselves a tavern and tap when they only serve Coors Light, Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Budweiser and Shiner is a fucking disgrace.

I had a bite of a burger there, it was okay but the fries are awesome. The whiskey cake it's really good.

I might agree with you on brickhouse about shitty but they have a lot more on tap then just those beers, atleast 7 more.
                        Their soft pretzels are fucking good and the patio is nice when it's not hot as fuck. They used to have some hot chicks but it's going the way of hooters.

Philmore is a good spot, I was sticking to food holes and I've never eaten there.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I had a bite of a burger there, it was okay but the fries are awesome. The whiskey cake it's really good.

I might agree with you on brickhouse about shitty but they have a lot more on tap then just those beers, atleast 7 more.
                          Their soft pretzels are fucking good and the patio is nice when it's not hot as fuck. They used to have some hot chicks but it's going the way of hooters.

Philmore is a good spot, I was sticking to food holes and I've never eaten there.
                          FWIW, I've never eaten at Fillmore, just slurped some suds there.

Comment

Zenna (Central/Parker area) (Thai/Japanese with a decent sushi bar)
                            I walk by the one downtown and wonder about stopping in one day. I may get some sushi to go...

Comment

Are you sure you were at Brick House? It's no Flying Saucer but they have at least 60 different beers there, some of them very good IMO. The food is hit and miss.
                              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                              X