Clovers in St. Augustine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovers in St. Augustine?

Anyone have any suggestions as to a product to put down to stop this clover (or whatever the hell it is?) from spreading any further? I live in Houston and have a St. Augustine lawn. There has always been a little clover on this side of my backyard, but this year it's gotten totally out of control.

About 6 weeks ago, I hit the entire yard with this:

...and I think they have gotten worse! haha I used Bonus S several times this year with no luck, either.

Thanks for any suggestions - I plan on putting this house on the market in the Spring and would like to work on getting this under control now, if possible.

- Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

That's dollarweed. I know you didn't like the bonus S, but maybe knowing what it is will help you find a better treatment plan. It apparently likes moisture so letting it dry out is a must before treatment.

Comment

Cool...Thank you! At least I know what it is now. I may try that Weed-B-Gone for St. Augustine lawns.

Thanks again for the input.
      - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
      1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

I'm surprised the Bonus S didn't work for you. I'm in houston also and it did the trick for me. I have more problems with clover in the yard but have had minor dollarweed issues there too. Unfortuantely my dollarweed appears in flowerbeds.

Comment

Working...
        X