Hotter n Hell 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotter n Hell 100

Who all is coming up for the Hotter n Hell. Some friends and I will be riding the 100k. And the start time for the 100 has been moved to 6am all other rides will start at 7. I heard there is already over 14000 riders preregistered.

Not this year, but I'm close to being talked into the Hotter 'n Hell Triple Threat next year.

Comment

Well I was planning on the mountain race, cat 4-5 race on saturday and the crit on sunday but all of my crew that was going is bailing on me. So I don't know what I am going to do just yet. If the temp drops in the next few weeks which is unlikely I will still go. I just don't think I can get a hotel room. We will see. I may still try and go saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
        Well I was planning on the mountain race, cat 4-5 race on saturday and the crit on sunday but all of my crew that was going is bailing on me. So I don't know what I am going to do just yet. If the temp drops in the next few weeks which is unlikely I will still go. I just don't think I can get a hotel room. We will see. I may still try and go saturday.
        Stuff here is mostly all gone in the way of rooms for that weekend. You would be better off borrowing someone's couch.

We are at 43 days of triple digit heats, and there is no end in sight.
        www.crossfit.com

Comment

it was already 103 when I got home from my 25 mile ride at 11:30am

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
            Who all is coming up for the Hotter n Hell. Some friends and I will be riding the 100k. And the start time for the 100 has been moved to 6am all other rides will start at 7. I heard there is already over 14000 riders preregistered.
            Been there, done that...3 times. It's not fun anymore, and especially at 105 degree's with that crowd. There was only 10k back then, and it was pretty damn crowded. If you don't go off the front with the sub-4 hour guys, expect huge jam-ups and spectacular crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              Been there, done that...3 times. It's not fun anymore, and especially at 105 degree's with that crowd. There was only 10k back then, and it was pretty damn crowded. If you don't go off the front with the sub-4 hour guys, expect huge jam-ups and spectacular crashes.
              It's a different route than it was back on the day. Still crowded but a lot better.
              www.crossfit.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flashstang04 View Post
                It's a different route than it was back on the day. Still crowded but a lot better.
                That's good. Do they still close the "gate" at a certain cut-off time for the 100k/100 mile split? I think they would give you 4 hours to hit that mark, or they would close off the cut-off for the century.

Comment

Hells gate closes at 12:30 but can be closed earlier by head Dr.

Comment

riding in the 5 hour pace group is nice,but getting past all the yahoo's is the hard part. Ohh and its too damn hot.

I checked a few weeks ago and with my hilton status there are still a few rooms available at the hilton properties in town.

Comment

I just got my room for the weekend. My wife and I are going. Damn its going to be hot. last year it was in the 60's at the start. This year its going to be 85

Comment

last year it was in the 60's at the start. This year its going to be 85

Comment

I just got my room for the weekend. My wife and I are going. Damn its going to be hot. last year it was in the 60's at the start. This year its going to be 85
                          How far are you riding?

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
                            How far are you riding?
                            I will be doing the 100

Comment

Working...
                            X