Best place for new speakers in the Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place for new speakers in the Cobra

I have an Alpine nav unit in my car, but the integration with the mach audio speakers sucks.

I've heard a two major options

1) replace the speakers with some decent aftermarket ones, bypass the mach audio amp, and run them with a small amp of their own vs running them off the radio.

2) same thing, but rewire all the speakers completely.

Option two seems a bit overkill IMO, just curious where is a good place to go for this. I did the HU at Best Buy when I was in WI, went to two different BB here, and got the two different answers, so my confidence in them is a bit low right now.

Anyone on the board that does car audio?
    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

were are you located, honestly its better to rewire new speakers for a few reasons other than the mach system sucks lol

Comment

You can always try out option 1 first and see how you like it, that's what I would recommend.

As for a good place, EBAY! My current system HU & Front/Rears with all install parts I got off ebay. Installed myself as well, saved a bit of $$$

Comment

Im located near Preston and 635. BB wanted almost $900 to do some average speakers with a full rewire and a small Alpine PowerPack Amp. I was laughing my way out of the store when he told me...lol
        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

hahaha pm your num and ill get you some prices for good stuff

Comment

mb quart components on amazon.com for $200 front And rear, $150 amplifier, $80 in wiring, 4 hours to install.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
              I have an Alpine nav unit in my car, but the integration with the mach audio speakers sucks.

I've heard a two major options

1) replace the speakers with some decent aftermarket ones, bypass the mach audio amp, and run them with a small amp of their own vs running them off the radio.

2) same thing, but rewire all the speakers completely.

Option two seems a bit overkill IMO, just curious where is a good place to go for this. I did the HU at Best Buy when I was in WI, went to two different BB here, and got the two different answers, so my confidence in them is a bit low right now.

Anyone on the board that does car audio?
              Get in touch with EW (his screename here).

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
                mb quart components on amazon.com for $200 front And rear, $150 amplifier, $80 in wiring, 4 hours to install.
                Since being purchased by Maxxsonics many years ago, everything is cheap & chinese.

If you have replaced the deck already, just run all new wire and replace the speakers. I would use 5x7 components in the front to take advantage of the larger woofer. Focal has an affordable 8" component set that may work with a new mounting plate.

Comment

Was thinking about alpine type r (but open to other options obviously)...but we will see what happens. It's coming soon, just got my job offer today, so once I start working and finally settle down from the move, I will get to this!

Thanks for all the info though, it's much appreciated!
                  2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                    Since being purchased by Maxxsonics many years ago, everything is cheap & chinese.

If you have replaced the deck already, just run all new wire and replace the speakers. I would use 5x7 components in the front to take advantage of the larger woofer. Focal has an affordable 8" component set that may work with a new mounting plate.
                    didnt know that but figured it was something like that, they sound great especially for the cost.

Comment

morel has some good sounding stuff too, I like the way morel speakers a type r sound...if your really into bass incriminator sounds hella good lol

Comment

Working...
                      X