Dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieting

Hi All - I mostly lurk around in here and the back porch, but I wanted to share some new info with people who are interested in dieting down or competing.

Currently, I am using an online trainer and am seeing pretty awesome results. I competed in the Ronnie Coleman back in 09 and dieted down the hard way 2 cardio sessions a day at 45 minutes 6 days a week, weights 5 or 6 times a week but the worst part was my rebound. I gained every pound I lost back. I was never "overweight" but I was skinny fat for sure. I have decided to compete again and started dieting 3 months ago and am down almost 12 pounds and don't feel lethargic or as tired as I did for my last contest prep. I don't eat chicken and broc for every meal. This way is so much better and if you can afford to hire my trainer you definitely should! He is on a waiting list at the moment, and I will be honest - he doesn't click with everyone. He can come off as rude and harsh, but he tells you like it is. It's a very no nonsense relationship that if you don't get your feelings hurt will definitely be a great experience.

My diet now basically started at 12x bw and dropped to 11 and 10 depending on if it is a training day, I do cardio 2x a week in the morning (started with hill training and is now intervals) for a total of 40 minutes a week. Train 4x a week upper/lower body and do ab circuits. PWO meals are great! He gives us 160 calories of carbs with only 2 requirements - low in fat and it has to be 28-32g of carbs - Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are pretty popular among his clients.

His name is Erik at Lean Bodies Consulting and if you are looking to get in shape and do it the easy way (which may take some extra time but results will last) He has a fb page you can follow to get a sense of his training style

I'm glad you posted this Sarah- I know who you're talking about.. and yes, he is harsh at times but his results are amazing! I'm hoping that maybe I can get in with him or another trainer that can help me progress my goals some time in the near future!

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
      I'm glad you posted this Sarah- I know who you're talking about.. and yes, he is harsh at times but his results are amazing! I'm hoping that maybe I can get in with him or another trainer that can help me progress my goals some time in the near future!
      I hope you can, it has been amazing! I have been allowed 1 cheat a week, but thus far when I partake I just see my results go down the drain so I stopped. I don't even have a desire to cheat anymore bc of his pwo meals!

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        I hope you can, it has been amazing! I have been allowed 1 cheat a week, but thus far when I partake I just see my results go down the drain so I stopped. I don't even have a desire to cheat anymore bc of his pwo meals!
        That was me btw - oops!

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt's girl View Post
          That was me btw - oops!
          LOL- at first I was like... James.. you're doing it too?!?!

I could go for a skinny cow right now!
          I was just reading a post- a lady mixed myofusion and water into a "cake batter" form,microwaved it,then crumbled up a skinny cow on top!!! Sounds like heaven!!!

Comment

I see some broads yapping and no pics..

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I see some broads yapping and no pics..
              Shush your mouth!

-I have pics in the other threads..search away..

Comment

LOL- at first I was like... James.. you're doing it too?!?!

I could go for a skinny cow right now!
                I was just reading a post- a lady mixed myofusion and water into a "cake batter" form,microwaved it,then crumbled up a skinny cow on top!!! Sounds like heaven!!!
                i've had this, it is good

and this is actually james btw

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  i've had this, it is good

and this is actually james btw
                  Yummm- I need to buy some Skinny Cows..

Comment

Yummm- I need to buy some Skinny Cows..
                    Ya for the myo cake take just a little water and a medium size ramekin, mix myofusion and water (sometimes I add a little egg white) and microwave for 30-45 seconds. Depending on how much water you use it may take longer. I typically do 30 then 15 then 10 and stop it in between if it rises too much. Very yummy cake!

Comment

Working...
                    X