MAF Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF Cleaning

I'm sure this is old news to many of you, but cleaning the MAF sensor is a MUST! My parts runner, a 2001 Ford Ranger 2.5/5 speed was idling up & down and loosing power intermitantly, the truck has 130K miles. The mileage was down too. I bought a can of CRC MAF cleaner, then I removed the 2 bolts(T-20, hollow) holding down the hotwire assembly & sprayed it down good.

After letting it dry, I put everything back together. The truck idles smooth, has more power & runs smoother. This will now be part of my yearly maintenance. DO IT!

Scott
    Last edited by white trash wagon; 11-28-2010, 01:47 PM.

It's amazing how much "growth" the sensor can aquire. If you have a K&N style filter, excess filter oil can also make it's way to the sensor and affect it's performance. I clean the mass anytime I perform and intake service on customers cars. I've fixed Driveability complaints by simply cleaning the sensor after customers avoided bringing the car in because they thought it was going to be a major repair.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      It's amazing how much "growth" the sensor can aquire. If you have a K&N style filter, excess filter oil can also make it's way to the sensor and affect it's performance. I clean the mass anytime I perform and intake service on customers cars. I've fixed Driveability complaints by simply cleaning the sensor after customers avoided bringing the car in because they thought it was going to be a major repair.
      Exactly, I put this off for quite awhile, because I figured I'd spend hundreds of $$$ throwing parts at this befored it was fixed. BTW, I do have a K&N drop in & removed the silencer.

Comment

Working...
      X