Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auburn overtakes Oregon for #1 BCS spot

interesting.

Auburn overtakes Oregon as No. 1ESPN.com news services⁠Email⁠PrintAuburn (12-0) overtook Oregon (11-0) as No. 1 in the penultimate BCS standings, but the teams are still slated to play each other for the national championship Jan. 10.To stay on track, Oregon must beat Oregon State in the Civil War this week, and Auburn needs to overcome South Carolina in the SEC Championship Game.No. 3 TCU (12-0) had been losing ground to Boise State the past two weeks but solidified their chances at an automatic BCS bid after Boise lost to Nevada in overtime on Friday.BCS standingsThe top five teams in the Nov. 28 standings: OregonAuburnTCUStanfordWisconsinThe Horned Frogs finished their second straight regular season Saturday and look on track to go to the Rose Bowl, which is required to take the top team from a non-automatic qualifying conference. Boise State dropped to No. 11 and Nevada reached No. 17.• This week's rankingsThe real drama in Sunday's poll comes from the battle for No. 4, which will receive an automatic BCS bid because TCU, as a non-AQ school, is at No. 3.Stanford (11-1), fresh off a shutout against Oregon State, is No. 4 with one week to go in the season. Should the Cardinal finish at No. 5 or lower, the Gator Bowl could cite Stanford's small fan base and choose a weaker Big East champion or any other at-large team from among the top 14 schools in the BCS standings.Big 10 co-champs Wisconsin (11-1) is No. 5 after it scored 70 against Northwestern on Saturday. The Badgers are likely headed to the Rose Bowl unless something drastic happens in next week's final BCS standings.No. 6 Ohio St. (11-1) finished its season ahead of No. 8 Michigan St. (11-1), meaning the Spartans will likely be left out of the BCS. Only two teams from each conference can play in BCS bowls.No. 7 Arkansas moved into position for an at-large selection to the Sugar Bowl against Ohio State by beating LSU, which dropped to No. 10. The Razorbacks will be rooting for Auburn to win the SEC Championship so the Tigers do not take up their at-large spot.The John Kincade ShowPlay PodcastTCU athletic director Chris Del Conte tells John Kincade what he thinks about TCU's chances to play in the BCS Championship Game.Connecticut (7-4) will earn the Big East's automatic berth with a win against South Florida on Saturday, and Pittsburgh (6-5) and No. 24 West Virginia (8-3) could still earn the bid if the Huskies lose.⁠More Podcasts »No. 15 Virginia Tech (10-2) will play No. 21 Florida State (9-3) for the ACC Championship and a spot in the Orange Bowl

Comment

this is bullshit. There has only been 1 game where Oregon was in trouble which was against California. Auburn should've lost against Alabama, and also struggled against kentucky and clemson this season
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

I really don't understand this, either.

Comment

Computer rankings due to SOS. Alabama is a better win to the computers than zona.

Comment

By 2 ten thousandths

Visit ESPN for the complete 2023 NCAAF season standings. Includes league, conference and division standings for regular season and playoffs.

Comment

And it doesn't fucking matter, 1 or 2 you still go to the game.

Comment

Complete horseshit! I just have my fingers crossed that SC beats the living piss outta team Cam.

Comment

I don't know how you guys don't get this. Auburn almost lost to the defending national champs and play in the SEC. Oregon might as well be playing junior colleges. I still can't believe Oregon is number 2.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                    I don't know how you guys don't get this. Auburn almost lost to the defending national champs and play in the SEC. Oregon might as well be playing junior colleges. I still can't believe Oregon is number 2.
                    Yeah, but Auburn was already ranked way ahead of 'Bama. If SOS is the only issue, then Auburn should have already been ahead of Oregon.

Comment

i shit you not, but my 16y.o. son predicted auburn would be in the national championship game before the season even started and they were unranked then.
                      95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                        And it doesn't fucking matter, 1 or 2 you still go to the game.
                        And if it was the case for #2 and #3? Ya... it is ALL bullshit and it ALL matters.

Comment

Robots should only tally stats, not give opinions. Fuck the BCS in their mother's hemroid-infested ass.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post

Are you still going to "not believe" after Oregon wins the national championship either?

I hope it stays the same, i think Oregon and Auburn will be a fun game to watch

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                              Are you still going to "not believe" after Oregon wins the national championship either?

I hope it stays the same, i think Oregon and Auburn will be a fun game to watch
                              I'm just gonna laugh when Auburn murders them.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                              X