For all the rednecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the rednecks

Since we don't have a "rednecks only section" and the car turns corners, I figured I'd post this here. Please keep in mind, this engine was built in '06 and the only thing that's been done to it is it's gotten new valve springs, so it's old and worn out not making as much compression as it should, and the cam is on the small side of what we're allowed. I plan to fix that this off season.

I love the smell of Methanol exhaust in the mornings, even though it's going to kill me.

sounds and looks good Sean!

Comment

That sounds like a 3/4 race or RV cam. I had a '69 camaro with pop-up pistons 3/4 race cam and double nitros. It made 900hp when you opened the headers up. I'd put a $100 bill on the dash and if you could grab it, it was yours. The car would pull the front wheels from a stoplight.

There, now that's for the rednecks...

Comment

Dude, this one's got aluminum heads, I have a dyno sheet that says it makes 1200 HP. If I put a turbo on it it'll make 5k. I read that turbos do that in some magazine.

Comment

With worn rings you should put some some juice on it. Seal that ring gap RIGHT up.
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

dont know how Methanol plus juice would work out!!

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              That sounds like a 3/4 race or RV cam. I had a '69 camaro with pop-up pistons 3/4 race cam and double nitros. It made 900hp when you opened the headers up. I'd put a $100 bill on the dash and if you could grab it, it was yours. The car would pull the front wheels from a stoplight.

There, now that's for the rednecks...
              hot damn bet that sum bitch never lost a race
              2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
              2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Ohh ya, didn't think about that. I had visions of 116 dancing in my head for some reason. DISREGARD!!
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                  dont know how Methanol plus juice would work out!!
                  I will admit, I'm curious now, but 1) I'm not drilling this intake for nitrous and 2) I don't want to destroy this engine, the non-wear parts are still good, it just needs a rebuild.

Comment

say good bye to all your money, sprint car racing is expensive.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                      say good bye to all your money, sprint car racing is expensive.
                      Tell me something I don't know, I've been doing it since 2005 lol

Edit: On a good note, I'm only averaging 1 destroyed car every other year. So 2012 should be a good year for me, I tore one up in '10 and haven't raced yet in '11.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        I will admit, I'm curious now, but 1) I'm not drilling this intake for nitrous and 2) I don't want to destroy this engine, the non-wear parts are still good, it just needs a rebuild.
                        its all ready a rolling bomb lets throw some juice on it...haha! but curious i am to.

Comment

as in the methanol not your motor lol!

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                            as in the methanol not your motor lol!
                            Have my engine burn methanol? Am I picking up what you're putting down?

It already runs methanol.

Comment

lol what i meant was methanol is very explosive lets throw some juice on it and make a bigger boom!
                              Last edited by 80coupe; 08-15-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X