would you replace your tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you replace your tranny

if it shifts fine but is loud as hell like your driving a 1/2 ton truck on 44 in super swampers and it has more clutch chatter than it should?

car is an 01 gt that sees track time fyi

Every gear but 4th gear? How much power is the engine making?

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
      Every gear but 4th gear? How much power is the engine making?
      how come you asked every gear but 4th? never noticed if 4th was excluded or not.

car makes 405 to the wheels

Comment

Check it and get back to me. Listen to it in 3rd vs. 4th vs. 5th.

Comment

Will do today

Comment

replace it when it quits working. if it still has all the gears by all means finish it off

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
              replace it when it quits working. if it still has all the gears by all means finish it off

This is my Logic.

6k to whatever i can pull slick launches.

Comment

Originally posted by sleeper View Post
                this is my logic.

6k to whatever i can pull slick launches.
                it does. It seems like im chewing up clutches fast than i should though. Dual friction center force btw. And once the throw out bearing starts to sing just a little, then it doesnt want to go straight in gear. Instead of a smooth fluid motion of lets say neutral to 1st , its more of a breif stop and hesitation and hen shimmies on in ther. If i replace the clutch again, it will be smootha gain for a few months. Th e biggst complaint is how loud its howling and moaning it does and the damn clutch chatter

Comment

depends on how hot the tranny is. Just sayin'.

Comment

T45? They're are pretty prone to that when you beat on them. Sounds like like some upgrades are in order, or switch to something a little more track/iron fist friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by marisa View Post
                      depends on how hot the tranny is. Just sayin'.
                      well do you have a cold tranny swap cause most tend to warm up?
                      Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by lone sailor View Post
                        t45? They're are pretty prone to that when you beat on them. Sounds like like some upgrades are in order, or switch to something a little more track/iron fist friendly.
                        yes sir would love a t-56 as well. So this sounds like a typical t-45 problem?

Comment

Originally posted by lone sailor View Post
                          t45? They're are pretty prone to that when you beat on them. Sounds like like some upgrades are in order, or switch to something a little more track/iron fist friendly.
                          oh and pretty prone to which part? Chatter? Howling? Resisting a little to go straight into gear? All of the above?

Comment

Damn your car must have tons of problems with all these threads you post!

Btw

I have a complete t-56 swap forsale

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
                              oh and pretty prone to which part? Chatter? Howling? Resisting a little to go straight into gear? All of the above?
                              Well I'm about to take my T45 to Slim and have him work it over. I have a couple of friends with mostly stock 2v's that have similar problems as I am having now(only theirs have a lot less power). It has been howling for awhile now, kinda like it has an eaton under the hood or something, then it started getting harder and harder to get it into gear, any gear, and that is just regular daily driving/shifting type action. The car is sitting in the garage about to get the transmission ripped out and upgraded a bit as it is now causing a nasty vibration throughout the entire car. Fun fun!!

Haven't had much chatter, but then again I have a Spec clutch and they're either engaged or not, there's really no in between with them.

Car is a 4.6 stroked to a 5.0 with some bolt on's and an sct tune. Putting up right around 300 to the wheels with the PI cams(have better cams just haven't installed them). And all I drive around on is street tires so it's not the torque from sticky tires tearing up the transmission on mine.
                              Last edited by Lone Sailor; 11-29-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X