Dad's S&W Model 59 custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad's S&W Model 59 custom

This is a pistol that my dad has had for as long as I can remember... I love the look of the gun but never have fired it.

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

are these any good???? (Guess I should have put that in my original post )

Comment

It's a piece of dog shit. Not good for anything, but if you bring it to the next lunch GTG, I will buy your lunch in trade for the gun.

Comment

I bet you would

Comment

I'm a generous soul, so I would buy you lunch and super size it.

Yes, even a basic SW 59 is a great pistol. They (and the Model 39) really paved the way for virtually all Smith & Wesson semi-auto pistols that have followed. Your Dad's appears to be a pretty highly customized one and could very well be worth some major coin.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I want a S&W 1006.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              I want a S&W 1006.
              Yes you do. I miss mine.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                Yes you do. I miss mine.
                I just want a gun I don't care about blowing up with ridiculous 10mm loads.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  I just want a gun I don't care about blowing up with ridiculous 10mm loads.
                  Try a S&W 610; I have yet to kill mine.

I love S&W autos. They are as clunky as hell and the trigger needs A LOT of work but they always go "BANG" when I want them to. I am still looking for a S&W PPC 9mm.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                  X