RCBS X-die .223

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCBS X-die .223

Well, I bit the bullet and just ordered one of these new fangled sizing dies. Hopefully it will allow me to stop having to trim each time I reload, which would be awesome. I plan on swapping out my Dillon resizer and putting this one in my RL550, and then move my old Dillon to my single stage for resizing/trimming only. Anyone used one of these before? Apparently they do work, but running an untrimmed case up into one is a disaster.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet and just ordered one of these new fangled sizing dies. Hopefully it will allow me to stop having to trim each time I reload, which would be awesome. I plan on swapping out my Dillon resizer and putting this one in my RL550, and then move my old Dillon to my single stage for resizing/trimming only. Anyone used one of these before? Apparently they do work, but running an untrimmed case up into one is a disaster.
    Interesting... so how often do you have to trim?

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
      Interesting... so how often do you have to trim?
      you trim once, and never again.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So does this mean no more trimming a barrel full of cases?
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          So does this mean no more trimming a barrel full of cases?
          You have to trim them once .10" under max length for the first pass through the X-die, but after that they will grow about .05 or .10" and stabilize.

Comment

No shit... thats badass. And I just bought several different flavors of rifle dies (.223, .308 and 30-30). I had no idea, that is awesome. Guess its time to save up and put these on the market so I can get some of these resize dies. Let us know how they work out!

Comment

You have to trim them once .10" under max length for the first pass through the X-die, but after that they will grow about .05 or .10" and stabilize.
              So less trimming in the long run... nice!
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I use one for 8x57. Works good, but haven't more than 2-3 reloads, so not sure how long the "no resizing" will last.

Comment

Originally posted by FRider View Post
                  I use one for 8x57. Works good, but haven't more than 2-3 reloads, so not sure how long the "no resizing" will last.
                  its suppose to be permanent.

Comment

You tried it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                      You tried it yet?
                      not yet, still waiting on projectiles :x

Comment

not yet, still waiting on projectiles :x
                        thats crap, go pull some and use them. we need a bench report now

Comment

Working...
                        X