Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Johnson fight

Did anyone see this? lol
    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

yep. we really dont need him suspended.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

He just did what everyone else has been wanting to do for quite some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
        He just did what everyone else has been wanting to do for quite some time now.
        Cortland Finnegan told Texans Andre Johnson hit was coming
        Posted by Michael David Smith on November 29, 2010, 11:55 AM EST
        A moment before Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan and Texans receiver Andre Johnson fought on the field Sunday, Finnegan told the Texans’ sideline to get ready.

According to Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle, Finnegan looked toward the Texans’ sideline and yelled, “Watch this,” right before the ball was snapped, and then proceeded to smack Johnson at the start of the play.

Although Johnson was the one who was really landing punches in the ensuing fight, Finnegan’s reputation as a dirty player precedes him, while Johnson’s reputation as a good player and good guy will probably earn him some points.

And the news that Finnegan told the Texans something was coming before the fight indicates that Finnegan knew exactly what he was starting. Which means Finnegan may be the one who gets hit harder by the league office, even though Johnson was hitting harder on the field.

from pro football talk
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Cortland Finnegan's new jersey will read "innegan" as a result of Andre Johnson beating the F out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaBear View Post
            Cortland Finnegan's new jersey will read "innegan" as a result of Andre Johnson beating the F out of him.
            this right here
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson and Tennessee Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan have each been fined $25,000, but neither player will be suspended, for their roles in a fight Sunday, a league source tells NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Johnson and Finnegan slugged it out in the fourth quarter of the Texans' 20-0 win on Sunday.

Finnegan set off the brawl by jabbing at Johnson's neck and face mask at the line of scrimmage. Johnson ripped off Finnegan's helmet and landed at least two punches to Finnegan's head and neck. The two spun each other, and Finnegan tore off Johnson's helmet before players and referees intervened.

Johnson apologized after the game, and Finnegan has not spoken about the incident.

"I would like to apologize to the organization, our owner, and my teammates," Johnson said. "What happened out there today was not me. I just lost my cool and I wish that I could take back what happened, but I can't. It's over and done with now."

This is the second time they scuffled. Last season, Johnson was fined $7,500 for taking Finnegan to the ground by the face mask.

The Texans (5-6) play at Philadelphia on Thursday, and were concerned that their Pro Bowl receiver may be suspended. Johnson was expected to be available to comment after an evening practice.

The Titans (5-6) host Jacksonville on Sunday.

Finnegan was fined for personal fouls in three consecutive games earlier this season and was warned by the league after the third incident to watch his behavior after the whistle.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher, co-chairman of the NFL's competition committee, spoke with league officials earlier Monday. Fisher said in his opinion Finnegan didn't throw a punch, but did get Johnson's face mask.

"I have very strong opinions about the fact I think he should not be suspended," Fisher said of Finnegan. "As far as what the league decides to do, that's a league decision.

"It's an unfortunate thing that happens. You've got two very talented, good football players competing, and it's just very unfortunate. It's not good for our game and I'm just disappointed that type of thing happens on the playing field."

This was Round 2 between Johnson and Finnegan. Last season, Johnson was fined $7,500 for taking Finnegan to the ground by the face mask during a scuffle after a play in a 34-31 Texans win.

According to Johnson, Finnegan had been getting physical with him all game. The Houston Chronicle reported Monday that prior to the altercation Finnegan grabbed the attention of the Texans' sideline and shouted, "Watch this."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comment

Finnegan needed to be suspended
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                  Finnegan needed to be suspended
                  Finnegan needed to get his ass whooped, That's all. Thank you Andre!

Comment

Yeah, but if they suspended him they'd have to suspend Johnson, since Johnson was the one that took the other guy's helmet off first and started throwing punches.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                      Yeah, but if they suspended him they'd have to suspend Johnson, since Johnson was the one that took the other guy's helmet off first and started throwing punches.
                      Yeah.... I think if it would have been someone other then Johnson then I could see a suspension coming but Johnson is a great football player and you rarely see the guy do anything wrong. So in that case I think they just assumed fine the players.

Comment

suspend Finnegan for being a douche
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Finnegan is the biggest thug

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                            Finnegan is the biggest thug
                            he looks Salvadorian
                            Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                              he looks Salvadorian
                              but acts Canadian

Comment

Working...
                              X