No announcement yet.

I have officially hit the plateau.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have officially hit the plateau.....

This sucks. And I don't even feel like I'm in that great of shape. I need some suggestions now.... Here's my current routine:

Push Day:
    dumbbell press (regualr, incline, decline)
    Shoulder press
    Tricep extensions (dumbb bells and rope at the gym)

Pull Day:
    pull ups (4 sets of 12)
    rows (dumb bells and machine)
    bicep curls (dumb bells, curl barl, and machine)
    Shoulder shrugs

Leg Day:
    Squats
    leg press
    calf raises
    leg curls

I throw in about 10 mins of cardio max and I do abs every once in a while. I just need to eat better to get them to show.

Anyway, I've sort of stopped seeing results. I'm taking my supplements (Whey protein, creatine, and l glutamine). My preworkout drink is NO Xplode.

Any suggestions?

completely change your routine... a routine is routine and your body will only adapt to be able to perform that routine
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      completely change your routine... a routine is routine and your body will only adapt to be able to perform that routine
      I concur. Are you speaking of strength or body size/weight plateau?

Comment

Time to set up and start a stack!

Comment

Originally posted by Memo View Post
          This sucks. And I don't even feel like I'm in that great of shape. I need some suggestions now.... Here's my current routine:

Push Day:
          Shoulder press

Pull Day:
          pull ups (4 sets of 12)
          Shoulder shrugs

Leg Day:
          Squats
          leg press
          calf raises
          leg curls

I throw in about 10 mins of cardio max and I do abs every once in a while. I just need to eat better to get them to show.

Anyway, I've sort of stopped seeing results. I'm taking my supplements (Whey protein, creatine, and l glutamine). My preworkout drink is NO Xplode.

Any suggestions?
          Focus more on individual muscles and go heavy as fuck. Don't worry about form too much just go heavy. That should help you get over your plateau. Try doing slow heavy Squats to raise your body's natural testosterone.

Comment

Originally posted by Memo View Post

Push Day:
            Shoulder press

Pull Day:
            pull ups (4 sets of 12)
            Shoulder shrugs

Leg Day:
            Squats
            leg press
            calf raises
            leg curls

Any suggestions?
            Implement refeeds - counters the negative effects of dieting. Usually when you've stopped progressing it shows your hormone levels have been negatively affected (cortisol, leptin and ghrelin). Feeding your body an abundance of carbs basically resets those hormones to normal levels so that your body will keep shedding fat. Your weight could go up by 3 lbs or more the day after but the next week you should see results. The key with refeeds is to give yourself substantial carbs with every meal with little to no fat - oatmeal, popcorn, sweet potatoes starch carbs but sugars in moderation are also okay. Do it on a training day and after a lower carb day, like an off day. This isnt carbs cycling, just once a week. adjust carbs based on how well your first refeed goes. I have a refeed doc from the FD (not what I use) but I'd send that to you if you pm me your email.

While this is mostly done for dieting, could help progress with weights as well.

Comment

Updating this thread instead of starting a new one.

I need advise on hitting a Plateau with my pull ups.

I only do them once a week, I can do (without messing form) 8, then 5, then 3. Any more than that I get sloppy or have to jerk to get another pull up out.

Should I just try doing them twice or 3 times a week? I am getting more cut, and getting some bulk, but I really want to be able to get to 4x12. Then add weight on the belt from there.

I weighed in at 194 today after my workout.
              WRX

Comment

When I needed to get my pullups up to 20 for the USMC, we would do them at least every other day.

Comment

I would suggest switching it up too.
                  2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                  2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                    Updating this thread instead of starting a new one.

I need advise on hitting a Plateau with my pull ups.

I only do them once a week, I can do (without messing form) 8, then 5, then 3. Any more than that I get sloppy or have to jerk to get another pull up out.

Should I just try doing them twice or 3 times a week? I am getting more cut, and getting some bulk, but I really want to be able to get to 4x12. Then add weight on the belt from there.

I weighed in at 194 today after my workout.
                    Once you get to your max with good form, start doing them sloppy. This will help you get the numbers up and you can refine form in the later reps when you're stronger.

Also do pull downs for higher reps to get use to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Once you get to your max with good form, start doing them sloppy. This will help you get the numbers up and you can refine form in the later reps when you're stronger.

Also do pull downs for higher reps to get use to it.
                      x2 Also are you doing wide spread pull ups or close pull-ups.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                        x2 Also are you doing wide spread pull ups or close pull-ups.
                        Close, shoulder width apart. The wide spread i can only do 3 right now, working on that as well.
                        WRX

Comment

Working...
                        X