Fema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fema

A MESSAGE FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR WORK. F.E.M.A. NEEDS 400 PEOPLE TO FIELD CALLS FOR HURRICANE IRENE. THEY NEED TO CALL AEROTEK AT 972-295-8500 AND ASK ABOUT THE FEMA PROJECT AND PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK. The job could last 2-3 months and pays $14.21 an hour.

some body sent this to me
    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Is this a possible foot-in on getting on with FEMA?

Comment

Sounds like subcontract work distant from interaction with FEMA.

I work with a FEMA consultant who is trying to get me upto to par with FEMA's requirements to get a job with them. Actual FEMA employees nationwide equals less than 3,000. Everyone else is a "reservest" called when disasters strike. Work is as is here, short term but good money. If this call out is similar to my buddies experience, overtime galore if that is in your salary range.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Before getting consideration with FEMA (direct hire) look at this email given to me by a guy that has worked for them.

Certs required

ICS 100, 200, 700, 800. Online at www.fema.gov

Take in this order: 100, 700, 200, 800.

Some of the above have multiple classes, ie 100a, b, c, or 200a, b, c. They are essentially the same class, but are ESF (Emergency Support Function) specific. Take the one that appeals to you or that better fits the profession you want.

ICS 300 and 400. These are class room only that are generally taught by your State or County. They are 2.5 days each, usually taught back to back in one week. Since you are near the Region HQ in Denton, they may offer it too.

You must take the above online courses before you enroll in the 300 / 400.

Also consider the online course in the Professional Development Series. It's 5 or 6 classes that are essentially management 101 type classes. Very basic, but for some reason FEMA likes to see them.

I'd also join the local CERT team. Class is usually taught by either local FD or emergency management. Once you complete that, you can take classes free (including reimbursement for travel and housing) at the National Fire Academy and the Emergency Management Institute.

Two very valuable classes at EMI are MEP (Master Exercise Practitioner) and MT (Master Trainer). They are essentially Masters level courses, though they can't call them that since they aren't accredited by school accrediting body. 100% recognized in our business and very, very valuable."
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
        X