Get paid to stand in a parking lot all day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get paid to stand in a parking lot all day

Equipe Rapide has been hired to host a private autocross. It is on Saturday September 10th and pays $75. This is a closed event so no workers will be allowed to participate. It wouldn't be right for a guy in a Mustang to whip up on the club members in their $90,000 supercars. I need 2 volunteers. You will be shagging cones. I'll bring hot dogs. The event is on the East side of Dallas.

PM me if you are interested.
    Andy Cost

Equipe Rapide - Supreme Commander

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

More details please
    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Arrive at the site which is in Mesquite around 8. Help set up the cones for an autocross course. Stand in the lot for 3-4 hours picking up the cones they knock over. Pick up all the cones and load everything back in the trailer. Get paid $75. The actual amount of time may vary depending on how many cars show up and how fast we can cycle them through the course. At a regular Equipe Rapide event we can cycle 100 cars through 6 runs in 3-4 hours. I expect 50 Vipers at this event and they are not seasoned autocrossers. They may be a little slower at getting up to the start line and stuff. There will be 7 paid workers at this event.
      Andy Cost

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

...and watch cars race past you.

I've enjoyed working cones when I did autocross. So if you like watching cars going fast (in a big parking lot) this is actually a decent gig.
        Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

I might be interested. I have never been to one of these though. Do we have a safe place to stand while the car is making its pass?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            I might be interested. I have never been to one of these though. Do we have a safe place to stand while the car is making its pass?
            X2 getting ran over would ruin my day

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
              X2 getting ran over would ruin my day
              Just walk it off!!

Comment

Corner stations are on the inside of the corner and at least 75 feet from the course. If a car spins out it will go to the outside of the corner. The speeds are limited to 60 mph but will probably be more like 35-45. We've been doing this at least 10 times a year since 1967 (430 events) and haven't had anyone get hurt yet. Actually, one guy did trip over a cone while walking the course before the event started and hit his head. Does that count?
                Andy Cost

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

I have a few questions.
                  • You guys providing lunch, water, shade?
                  • Is this a straight $75 or will there be taxes withheld, etc?
                  • Mandatory attire? (I'll be damned if I'm going to stand out in the sun in khakis and a button down.)
                  • Will there be fun runs after the event that corner workers may be able to participate in? (Have helmet, will AX.)
                  • Any chance to get a ride along?
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    I have a few questions.
                    • You guys providing lunch, water, shade?
                    • Is this a straight $75 or will there be taxes withheld, etc?
                    • Mandatory attire? (I'll be damned if I'm going to stand out in the sun in khakis and a button down.)
                    • Will there be fun runs after the event that corner workers may be able to participate in? (Have helmet, will AX.)
                    • Any chance to get a ride along?
                    All good questions
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I am going to have some hot dogs and water. You will be given a check for $75. You can wear whatever you want. We have a tent but expect to be out in the sun most of the day. The forcast calls for a high of 94 and a low of 69. It will be a fairly laid back day with maybe 2 hours of actual work and several hours of standing around. No runs or ride alongs during the event. There is the slimmest of possiblilties that we will have a chance to pre-run the course before the participants arrive.
                      Andy Cost

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

PM me the location details, sign up requirements, etc. I'm checking on my availability that day. Freak'n Mesquite..... $30 in gas.... :/
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by darren m View Post
                          pm me the location details, sign up requirements, etc. I'm checking on my availability that day. Freak'n mesquite..... $30 in gas.... :/

Comment

I have all my workers lined up. If you have not received a PM then you aren't out of luck yet. I am taking names for alternates in case someone doesn't show up. If you are interested in being an alternate then please PM me with your name, e-mail, and phone number.

Thanks,
                            Andy Cost

88 LX - CP Autocrosser

Comment

I got no pm! Its cause I am Mexican!

Comment

Working...
                              X