Cleaning your fire suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning your fire suit

What is everyone using to clean your fire suit if you have one?

A buddy of mine sells this http://solutionssafetyproducts.com/

Apparently it maintains the integrity of the material where as regular detergent can degrade the fire retardant properties.

Looking for some feedback from the forum. I am not trying to sell for him, he is about to get into the racing market and needs some input from guys who race.

Thanks
    David

1986 GT

I use Molcule for my fire suit.

Comment

I'd hate to be the one that "tests" that stuff out. (to be sure it DOESN'T remove the fire retardant properties)

Comment

This stuff is good and safe for Nomex

Been using CitroSqueeze for all our suits. Some of the other cleaners (one mentioned in this thread) has a pH too high - that will harm the suits and it's fire safe efficacy. This stuff is not only near neutral pH, but tested and approved by DuPont (they are the ones that make the Nomex material) on one of their websites. It takes out the grease and hydrocarbons like no other and it is a green product that smells good.

Comment

Here you go. Check them both out and decide which one you want to use. I can not comment on the other product mentioned since I have not used it. But the Molecule does have a clean nice scent to it.

Comment

Yes, I agree, Molecule does smell good, and it is what we used to use. What made us change was the DuPont website stating we should use a product "certainly not exceeding pH 9.0". On their MSDS sheet, Molecule's product has a pH of 9.0-10.0. CitroSqueeze is 8.5 to 9.0. Sounds small, but can make a difference to the fabric wear.

Comment

dry clean only for me.........never understood why we had nylon seat belts that melt to our skin, however
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

See, our research that some dry chems are bad for the FR fabrics too. We're sticking with the chems DuPont tested and said was safe. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
                X