Basic smithing tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic smithing tools?

I still have this AR lower sitting here doing absolutely nothing. I really dont have the money to put anything together right now but I am wanting to do some trigger work on my 10/22 because as anyone who owns one knows how horrible the 5-6lb pull is on this thing. I found some how-to's on rimfirecentral but I'm not sure if its worth going out and buying all the tools required (stones, punches, hones, vise, etc) to do my own trigger job when I can get a fully VQ'd trigger group for $85 brand new. I'll have some use for this later down the road, especially the punches and vise, but the rest of the stuff I don't see myself using very often. Any input from some of the more experienced DIY gunsmiths here?

What else does a trigger job consist of besides polishing up the trigger and hammer?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

polish trigger, disconnector, hammer, sear, trigger plunger, and grinding the engagement area on the hammer. Also trigger needs to be drilled to allow adjustment of the sear externally.

Comment

Working...
      X