Longer Dip Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer Dip Stick

Yep, I said it. I need a longer dip stick for my Moroso pan. Has anyone ever seen one or know if it is possible to get one that will accurately read how much oil I have?
    David

1986 GT

I would say you need a black one, but, your checking oil and it may not be legible.

Comment

Originally posted by Fst86gt View Post
      Yep, I said it. I need a longer dip stick for my Moroso pan. Has anyone ever seen one or know if it is possible to get one that will accurately read how much oil I have?
      Get a longer one and insert immediately after changing/filling with oil, first leaving out the final quart. Scribe a mark on it at one quart low and then at full.

Comment

Can you shorten the existing dipstick tube enough to get the current stick to work?

mardyn

Comment

I just stopped in to say "That's what she said!" No other constructive input.

Comment

i had the same problem with my 7qt pan, i had to cut down the tube the dipstick goes into to make it work right

Originally posted by DOHCTR
            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              I would say you need a black one
              lmao

Comment

Why would you need a longer dipstick?

The oil level is supposed to be at a certain point in relation to the crankshaft, not from the bottom of the oil pan.

5qts in the stock pan and 7qts in a deep pan should register at the same point on the same dipstick, right?
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  Why would you need a longer dipstick?

The oil level is supposed to be at a certain point in relation to the crankshaft, not from the bottom of the oil pan.

5qts in the stock pan and 7qts in a deep pan should register at the same point on the same dipstick, right?
                  I think it is related to how the tube goes in the new one. Cutting down the tube might work.
                  David

1986 GT

Comment

Now that's thinking with your dipstick, Jimmy!

Comment

I think it is related to how the tube goes in the new one. Cutting down the tube might work.
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the dipstick enters through the block on late-model 302s.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the dipstick enters through the block on late-model 302s.
                        I believe you are correct. So I should be able to cut the tube down so the dip stick will be further into the oil. I will try that and post back.
                        David

1986 GT

Comment

I believe you are correct. So I should be able to cut the tube down so the dip stick will be further into the oil. I will try that and post back.
                          If you do, cut at the top, not the bottom that attaches to the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            If you do, cut at the top, not the bottom that attaches to the block.
                            Makes sense.

Thanks
                            David

1986 GT

Comment

That means don't cut it. You'll starve the motor of oil.

Comment

Working...
                              X