302 GT40p heads f-cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 302 GT40p heads f-cam

Finally started this engine, lots of vaccum leaks and hoses i dont know where they go! lol..... sounds great! cant wait to get it out! thanks to all that gave me tips on how to do it... questions now, does anyone have a diagram on what vaccum line go where? and what does the big ol hole on the back of the intake for and what goes there?

The back of the intake needs a PCV screen(with grommet), and then the bigger of the vacuum hoses goes between that and the vacuum tree. You should have a vacuum tree on the underneath side of the upper intake that gets 2 or 3 vacuum lines and then one to the fuel pressure regulator.

Comment

okay so the hole on the intake has a gromment with a screen, is that all it needs? i'll hook up the lines tonight and try firing it up again...

Comment

also, are there any shorty spark plugs for these gt40p heads i dont want to have to replace the headers and cyl 4 is the only one hitting the wire which i know will burn soon, i have bbk stainless shorties on it..

Comment

Yes, the round metal with screen material goes inside the grommet, then there is a PCV check valve that plugs into the grommet, then the hose connects to that. If you pulled off a stock intake to do the swap then you will have a PCV valve from there that you can reuse, although they are only a couple of bucks for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad A$$ Coupe View Post
            also, are there any shorty spark plugs for these gt40p heads i dont want to have to replace the headers and cyl 4 is the only one hitting the wire which i know will burn soon, i have bbk stainless shorties on it..
            If you don't have the gt40P specific headers then you will have to live with it like that, at least last I checked no one made anything to fix that besides the different headers allowing for spark plug clearance.

Comment

cool, lone sailor thank you so much, i am alone here in my shop and sometimes i get lonely cant ask anyone around me so i log on here.... i took the car apart a few weeks ago and had to attend my reg clients and forgot where everything goes on the car... but coming together pretty good now..

Comment

No problem.

Comment

so i fired it up last night and it ran great! came in this morning and fired it up and ran great, bolted up the exhaust and started it. a crap load of oil came out of the drivers side exhaust! piston rings not seated? or just bad?

Comment

So after my helper and i pulled the engine apart to check the piston rings all was good, started putting back together and when we were putting the intake back on (i had him install the intake and make a gasket for it) i saw cyl 6 and 8 not cut out!!! i was like what the F#*$% is this he was like i dont know.... i told him how did you miss this... then i thought to myself thats why you dont let a helper loose on the job and i kicked myself in the ass!!!!!!! it ran great but i thought the misfiring was due to all the vaccum leaks well i was down two cyl thats all... hope to fire it back up tonight....

Comment

So after my helper and i pulled the engine apart to check the piston rings all was good, started putting back together and when we were putting the intake back on (i had him install the intake and make a gasket for it) i saw cyl 6 and 8 not cut out!!! i was like what the F#*$% is this he was like i dont know.... i told him how did you miss this... then i thought to myself thats why you dont let a helper loose on the job and i kicked myself in the ass!!!!!!! it ran great but i thought the misfiring was due to all the vaccum leaks well i was down two cyl thats all... hope to fire it back up tonight....
                      I have the same setup 5.0 f-cam gt40p heads. I'm hoping to fire mine up tonight too. Good luck with yours!

Comment

let's see pics of this '68 coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
                          let's see pics of this '68 coupe.
                          i have not picked it up yet, ive been correcting my helpers mistakes all day today, someone is getting fired!!! thats what happends when you hire cheap help.... i own euro forte in dallas.... small shop

Comment

i have not picked it up yet, ive been correcting my helpers mistakes all day today, someone is getting fired!!! thats what happends when you hire cheap help.... i own euro forte in dallas.... small shop
                            That name sounds familiar what part of dallas are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
                              That name sounds familiar what part of dallas are you in?
                              im here off butler and harry hines infront of parkland hosp.

Comment

Working...
                              X