New Road Bike '12 Specialized Roubaix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Road Bike '12 Specialized Roubaix

The bike shop finally finished this build for me last Friday. I didn't get around to riding it till Sunday because I was sick. However, it was well worth the wait...I rode 30 miles on Sunday and another 25 miles Tuesday on my "normal route". All I can say is WOW!! I came from a 2011 Roubaix Elite with SRAM Apex and this bike is night and day different. The bike accelerates better, handles better, and most importantly has a much smoother ride.

I had the shop switch out the Ultegra for all SRAM Red (I probably have the only expert with all Red) and I am glad I did. I opted for the 53/39 crank (I had 53/34) and it is taking some getting used to. That being said I still erased 5 minutes from my normal route and 1.2 mph.

I couldn't be happier!!

Selling the Ultegra ?

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
      Selling the Ultegra ?
      No the shop gave me credit for the Ultegra.

Comment

Nice rig. Though the "engine" is 90% of the speed, that 10% of bike can definitely help.

Comment

Very nice! I just purchased a cyclocross bike. It's the Specialized Crux. I'll try and upload pics later. But damn what a difference in going from riding solely mountain to riding a road bike. I'm in love!

Comment

I just upgraded too. Got to love end of model year sales.

Comment

What's a bike like that, set up like that, set you back?

Comment

This bike retails for $3500. With the upgrades in components I had the shop do it ended being $4,000.

However, you don't have to spend that kind of money. The first bike I purchased was $800.

Comment

Here's my new rig. Not as fancy as the OP's but def a great bike!

Comment

Nice bike, I need new wheels for mine but I have a look 566 with sram red. Fun bike to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                      Here's my new rig. Not as fancy as the OP's but def a great bike!

Nice cross bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                        Nice cross bike.
                        Thank you sir! She's def a pleasure to ride.

Comment

Working...
                        X