Crossfit workout ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfit workout ideas?

I'm starting to get pretty damned bored with my routine and would like to switch it up a bit. Just looking for some ideas that some of the crossfit folks do here. I don't have access to a tire, and I'm not looking for one. Just something I can do in the gym.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Go to crossfit.com and do whatever their WOD is that day.

Comment

I know this isn't crossfit but it's one of the most demanding full body programs out there.

The Final Chapter by Joe DeFranco When I wrote the original “Skinny Bastards” article, I had a feeling it would generate a great deal of discussion. To be honest, though, I had no idea it would become as popular as it has. At least 75% of the hundreds of emails I receive on a weekly…
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

SEAL crossfit workouts.
        1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

This a little workout I usually throw together for our bootcamp clients, kind of a cure all for every ability. Generally is never the same and the template is not even the same but this is one we did tonight.

4 groups -

Group 1-Concentration lifts done with about 55% of your max

ex.) Lunges/Hammer Curls/Dips/Front-Lateral Raise Combo/ single arm row

4-5 stations done for 1 minute a piece, 30 second rest between stations rep

Group 2- Compound lifts done with about 65% of your max

4-5 stations done 10 reps per station and 4x through.

SLD-Curl-Push Press / DB Row to Push up / Hang Cleans / Leg Press with DB Flyes/ Body weight Row or Chin ups depedning on strength.

Group 3- Cardio/Plyo Training- 4-5 stations with reps varying based on difficulty.

20 24'' box jumps / 10 per leg Russian Splits / 100 yards of broad jumps / Med Ball Slams for 2 minutes / Concept 2 Rower fastest to 250-500m

Group 4- Abs

Whatever your heart desires

Comment

Start training to box, kick box, or fight mma style.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Start training to box, kick box, or fight mma style.
              I actually wouldn't mind doing MMA style training. I have absolutely no desire to fight though. Plus I'm broke, so my free gym membership will have to do for now. Switched up my routine a little bit this week and it helps me get through a full workout without getting too bored. At some point though, some MMA style training will be in order. Just when I can afford it.

Comment

If you want some ideas PM me with what you have to work with and I'll throw a few together that you can try.
                www.crossfit.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flashstang04 View Post
                  If you want some ideas PM me with what you have to work with and I'll throw a few together that you can try.
                  I workout at 24 hour so a full gym. Also have a kettlebelle set and heavy ropes.

Comment

Ok,

Try these:

21-15-9
                    KB Swings
                    Burpees
                    +
                    5 minutes continuous jump rope

---

As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:

-Deadlift @ 225 for 6 reps (adjust the weight as needed)
                    Box jumps x 15 (If you don't have a box just do squat jumps)

---

-100 pullups broken into 25 with a 400m run in between

---

Front squat 7 x 3 with increasing weight
                    50 situps
                    50 back extensions
                    www.crossfit.com

Comment

Heres a couple we do at work.

300- * For Time

25 Pull ups
                      50 Dead Lifts (135#)
                      50 Push Ups
                      50 Box Jumps
                      50 Floor Sweepers (Abs)
                      50 Dumbell clean and Press (25 per arm)
                      25 Pull ups

FRAN-
                      21-15-9 *For Time

Squat Thrusters (Front squat with a press at the top) (95#)
                      Pull Ups
                      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                      sigpic

Comment

So did you try any?
                        www.crossfit.com

Comment

The 21-15-9 kb swings, burpee, and jump rope thing. I havent jumped rope consistently since I was a kid so it was pretty sloppy. I definitely sweated my ass off.

Comment

Fuck me. So I did a workout outside with our resident crossfit trainer at the gym today and damn...best workout Ive had since offseason in highschool. Started with wind sprints: 10, 20, 30, then 40 yards. Three rounds with a minute break in between. Then we did 3 minutes straight up kettle bell snatches on each arm. Then 10 box jumps out of sand onto about a 30 inch rock wall, had to toss a kettle bell backwards uphill, then do 10 wall stands...all of that 3 rounds. Took about 30 minutes and felt like I was gonna pass out for the next 20. Great workout though and Ill be doing something like that again next friday.

Comment

That sounds really good. Another thing you can add if you have a hill like that is to do the toss, and then reverse bear crawl up to the point where the bell stopped and repeat. (That may be what you did). It's a brutal combo!
                              www.crossfit.com

Comment

Working...
                              X