Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archery Target

Although not exactly gun-related...

I can justify Paying $100 for a foam block to shoot my arrows at in the backyard. Anybody know where I can get a big foam block for cheap or have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Can get cheap bags from Dick's or Academy for around $30.
    Walmart in Rockwall actually has a decent Archery selection and has some cheap bags as well....

If you are dead set on a block, both Dicks and Academy have them well under $100

Comment

My $100 price was a bit over the top.. I used to have a guy when I lived in west texas that would sell me a foam cube for $10, a little spray paint and done...

I like the Cubes Better than the bag.

Comment

The homeless.

You can scrounge them up for free in down town ft worth.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Hay bales.. You can get them for a couple of bucks a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            The homeless.

You can scrounge them up for free in down town ft worth.

Best Response Ever.... My sister does homeless census' in Dallas. I could have her bait me a few.

Comment

Large pillow case with a Target in sharpee over a hay bale
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Large pillow case with a Target in sharpee over a hay bale
                Good Idea.

I have a few old Pillow cases and a source for a haybail.

Gracias All.

Comment

If you are using a 275+ fps compound I would not suggest hay. You will lose a shit load of arrows if you do.
                  Check out cotton bales, they are denser and work a hell of a lot better.

Comment

I got a free brand new foam block target today... Its my lucky day.

Bout to leave the office and try er out

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                      If you are using a 275+ fps compound I would not suggest hay. You will lose a shit load of arrows if you do.
                      Check out cotton bales, they are denser and work a hell of a lot better.
                      I figured the hay might not stop it.

Comment

It will depend on what your shooting. The hard foam ones will last longer than a bag unless your shooting broad heads at it.

The main thing with the bags is not shooting at the same spot and moving the stuffing around, as it settles. I would put a paper target on mine to move around the bag, but still give me a solid target to hit.

I wish i could shoot a bow. It was a fun way to release some energy in the basement until my shoulder got fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          It will depend on what your shooting. The hard foam ones will last longer than a bag unless your shooting broad heads at it.

The main thing with the bags is not shooting at the same spot and moving the stuffing around, as it settles. I would put a paper target on mine to move around the bag, but still give me a solid target to hit.

I wish i could shoot a bow. It was a fun way to release some energy in the basement until my shoulder got fucked up.
                          I have two surgically repaired shoulders. Everything hurts to do.

Comment

My bow only chronographs about 245, with a 100 grain tip and carbon arrow,and it will blow through non dense foam.Get a good block or bag (block for broad heads) and shooting will be more enjoyable. The bag targets are more forgiving for removing arrows. Carbon arrows will almost fuse to the foam.

Comment

Working...
                            X