Sesame Noodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sesame Noodles

This is a very simple recipe that ANYONE can make. It's a good anytime type dish you can eat as a side dish or by itself. To make this a little healthier, you can also make it with wheat pasta.

Ingredients

■12 ounces, any kind of Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
    ■1/4 cup Soy Sauce
    ■2 Tablespoons Sugar
    ■4 cloves Garlic, Minced
    ■2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
    ■3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
    ■1/2 teaspoon Hot Chili Oil
    ■4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
    ■4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin

Cook pasta as directed on package.Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
    Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
    Sprinkle with green onions and toss.

Yum!

Where's the MEAT

I'll be trying this with some chicken I'll marinate overnight. Need to use up some green onions I bought on Friday and this seems tasty and quick.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
      Where's the MEAT

I'll be trying this with some chicken I'll marinate overnight. Need to use up some green onions I bought on Friday and this seems tasty and quick.
      You can add any protien you like of course, or it's really good without. Be sure to use those green onions, they taste really good with the sauce, it's a really nice blend of flavors.

Comment

I'll probably use soba or udon noodles. Probably marinate the chicken with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper.

Comment

I like to use the super thin Japanese somen noodles. Traditional proteins would be char shui bbq pork, tamago (Japanese omelette type egg) and kamaboko (fish cake). You can also use ham and surimi if you can't get the bbq pork and kamaboko.
          I like mine heavier on the vinegar too.
          Last edited by Trick Pony; 09-21-2011, 09:57 AM.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Not bad at all, Steve. Next time, I'm going to use toasted sesame seed oil though to get bigger flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
              Not bad at all, Steve. Next time, I'm going to use toasted sesame seed oil though to get bigger flavor.
              Thanks. I liked it because it was so simple and easy enough for anyone to make. It's got all the ingredients that any decently stocked pantry should have for the flavors anyways. Throw it together and enjoy!

Comment

Awww how cute steve in here sharing his betty crocker cookbook recipies!

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                  It's what stay at home moms... i mean dads do!

Comment

It's better than standing in line every night at In-N-Out like you do. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      It's what stay at home moms... i mean dads do!

I dont have a job (technically speaking). should i break out the cookbook?

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      It's better than standing in line every night at In-N-Out like you do. lol.
                      Right......i haven't eaten there in weeks fwiw.....tried to yesterday, but adam didnt want to eat junk food, so we went and ate 1500 calorie nachos instead LMAO

Comment

Right......i haven't eaten there in weeks fwiw.....tried to yesterday, but adam didnt want to eat junk food, so we went and ate 1500 calorie nachos instead LMAO
                        LMAO, this post is filled to the brim with bullshit.

Comment

You also don't check facebook regularlly enough for a stay at home boyfriend

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            LMAO, this post is filled to the brim with bullshit.
                            swear to god.

Comment

Originally posted by silverback View Post
                              you also don't check facebook regularlly enough for a stay at home boyfriend
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X