From Evo to Tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Evo to Tv

So I bought a hdmi cable so I could view movies from my Evo on my Tv. Most of them are in avi format and will not show up on the tv. YouTube videos will but these avi's won't. I looked for an app but couldn't find one to convert them to mp4. I have Rockplayer that I use to view avi movies. I also have realplayer-beta. What else can I do so I can watch them on tv.

Ps, why in the hell can I not stream more than 30 seconds. I thought Evo could handle streaming? Do i need to upgrade my SD card?
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

I personally don't have any experience with the Evo, but I figured that plugging it into an AV or HDMI port is just telling the TV what source to use, so if it played on the phone, it should just use the TV as a display.

That's what they're saying here, at least. It says if it plays on the phone, and is hooked up to the TV, it should show up on the TV.

"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

yeah i looked in the HTC forumns but couldnt find anything. As fas as i know EVO can not support AVI format movies. You have to have an app like Rockplayer in order to view them. It sucks though because i get them all from Icefilms. The standard formats mpg, mp4, etc are viewable on the EVO through the default movie player.
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Here's a review with some comments that might help

01 Turbo Miata
        96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

Found a converter that lets me convert my movies directly from my phone. I have to use my laptop though. No biggie.

Comment

I have an hdmi cable too. My problem was not being able to view avi files.

Comment

Working...
            X