mig gas bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mig gas bottle

Any one have a hook up for mig bottles? I had to give my borrowed one back. Looking for an 80 cuft. I have seen a few bottles on craigs list but I am a bit wary of them. How can you tell if one is a rental bottle or a owner bottle?

Wayne in FW

Doesnt matter if its a rental on the smaller bottles. Once you get into the bigger bottles then the name is stamped on a ring around the top of the bottle and only they will take it.

Honestly I would go to home depot and buy a bottle so you have somewhere close to exchange it. Another option is airgas obviously.

Comment

The gas bottles at HD and other places are around $260 new. Just trying find one thats not half the cost of of a new welder. Good to know that all of the smaller bottles are owner types.

Wayne in FW

Comment

Well if you get one off craigslist make sure it isnt a O2 or C02 bottle. They look alike but the valves are different.

I got my first bottle off craigslist, this guy in kennedale had about 50 of them all in his back yard and I walked through and picked one that I thought was a smaller one. Come to find out it was a welding bottle but it was the bigger one that had some closed down shop stamped in the collar. NO ONE would trade it in, even for a smaller one. I finally found a guy at airgas that hooked me up and traded it in for one of theirs. It was a total pain in the ass.

Comment

Working...
        X