I need a Good Graphic Designer/Art Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Good Graphic Designer/Art Director

Bad ass designer needed. Agency experience a plus, but I'll talk to anyone from a just-out-of-schooler, to a 30 year veteran.

Shoot me a PM.

Position reports directly to the creative director.

Required Skills
    • Expert in the Adobe CS platform.
    • A proven ability to work independently and to juggle multiple deadlines and projects
    • Must be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
    • Detail-oriented with a keen eye for consistency
    • Ability to translate our customers’ ideas into tangible, executable designs that meet their business objectives
    • Degreed professional (or equivalent) in the fine arts, graphic design or similar

About Starr Tincup
    Starr Tincup is a full-service marketing and advertising agency for companies in specialized market segments. We build brands by telling the truth (to you, to your customers and to ourselves). We promise an unyielding pursuit of the truth as we work to discover the mysteries of your idiosyncratic buyers. Our job is to enhance your position in the market. We do that by thinking, writing, designing and developing. And talking on the phone. We talk on the phone a lot.

Why do companies in specialized markets such as human capital engage Starr Tincup? Because we do a lot of things well, including:
    • Think - Strategic consulting, brand development, planning and account management
    • Write - Identity development, thought leadership, public relations, executive communication
    • Design - Branding and visual identity development, creative, Web, print, social, mobile, video
    • Develop - Web, application and email development

What kind of specialized market segments? Well, we have worked with more than 300 clients in the human capital space, including some of the biggest and best-known brands in more than a dozen countries. Because we work in a small and very competitive market, our client list is completely confidential.

We are a four-time winner of Best Places to Work Awards from the Dallas Business Journal (2008-2011), and Texas Monthly selected us as one of their 10 Best Small Companies to Work for in Texas. We are headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas with offices in Austin and Boston.

What’s great about Starr Tincup?

Our headquarters is the old Martha Washington candy factory on Magnolia Avenue in Fort Worth. Think lots of exposed brick and open space. We are a bunch of individualists who manage to collaborate successfully and who share these five core values:
    • We want the ball. As Keyshawn Johnson famously said, “Just gimme the damn ball!” When the game is on the line, you want the rock in the hands of your best guy. That’s who we are.
    • We know our shit. Never forget that we know more about our industry and our business than anyone.
    • We are blunt. Telling clients what they want to hear is a recipe for failure. They pay us for candor.
    • We are real. In a world full of phonies and posers, we are authentic.
    • We are one step ahead. We never run with the pack, and we are never so far ahead that we need a tinfoil hat. We know what’s ahead. We point our clients in the right direction.

We also offer great benefits:
    • Medical, dental and vision benefits are 100-percent paid by Starr Tincup for employees and dependents
    • Dollar-for-dollar employer match on 401(k) up to 4 percent of pay with immediate vesting
    • Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
    • Complete transparency about business operations
    • The latest and greatest equipment (we’re a Mac shop)
    • Fully stocked kitchen and constant supply of (mostly) healthy snacks and beverages
    • A truly comfortable, personable and collegial work environment: separately stocked cooler for more beverages, ping-pong, foosball and shuffleboard tables, no cubicles, no separate offices, absolutely minimal office meetings
    Last edited by BLAKE; 09-27-2011, 05:36 PM. Reason: lol, I knew I shouldn't have put my email in there. You bastards!

can you smoke cigs?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      can you smoke cigs?
      Can you? Shit, it's encouraged!

lol, I figure you're referencing the Back Porch thread, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Can you? Shit, it's encouraged!

lol, I figure you're referencing the Back Porch thread, right?
        yea pretty much! haha

Comment

Unlimited PTO? Wow, how does that work? I take it you're still loving it up there? Sounds like a great company.

Comment

Been up there a few times when my gf interned there, both of her old roommates interned there, too. Makes me wish I knew more about graphic design, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Unlimited PTO? Wow, how does that work? I take it you're still loving it up there? Sounds like a great company.
              Well, it's unlimited in that there is really no tracking of vacation days and that sort of thing. The flip side of it is that we're a bustling agency and we're busy as hell, and everyone is very conscientious about not taking off when there's work to be done. So I would say that generally, people don't take off more than the 3 weeks a year or so that most people average. So I guess you might say that we police ourselves in that regard. I don't think anybody that allowed themselves to take off 2 months in a year would be a good fit.

More impactful than that is the other great benefits. 100% employer-paid medical/dental? Pretty amazing. That translates to a helluva lot more take-home pay, and the plans are top-notch.

I am loving it, and it is an amazing company. We're kicking a lot of ass and growing. It keeps me super-busy and it's the main reason that I don't have much of a social life right now, but I spend all day with people I love and respect and consider my friends, so there's some balance there. That's why I need an ace designer, so I can free up some me-time, lol.

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              Been up there a few times when my gf interned there, both of her old roommates interned there, too. Makes me wish I knew more about graphic design, lol.
              Cool, how long ago was that?

Comment

Cool, how long ago was that?
                About 2, or 3 years, I think, I can't remember the name of the guy she worked with, but I know he drove a mazdaspeed 6. Her roommates were Maggie and Candace, they said they knew you.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                  About 2, or 3 years, I think, I can't remember the name of the guy she worked with, but I know he drove a mazdaspeed 6. Her roommates were Maggie and Candace, they said they knew you.
                  Mazdaspeed 6 doesn't sound familiar. Probably before my time. I remember Maggie and Candace though. Didn't get much time to work with the interns, but it's a small world.

Comment

Mazdaspeed 6 doesn't sound familiar. Probably before my time. I remember Maggie and Candace though. Didn't get much time to work with the interns, but it's a small world.
                    Oh yeah, I think he quit in the middle of her internship, heh. Small world for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X