Sprinkler System Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinkler System Question.

If you turn off the water supply to the sprinkler system but the programmer is still set to turn the system on, would it burn up any pumps/valves/etc. trying to operate without a water supply?

I don't see how it would, there is no pump, it operates off water pressure to pop the sprinklers up, just electric valves open/closeing without water rushing thru should not cause harm. My opinion of course, so you know what that means!

Why turn the water off and leave the power to the controller on tho? I just turn my control box to the OFF position to not turn on the zones.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      I don't see how it would, there is no pump, it operates off water pressure to pop the sprinklers up, just electric valves open/closeing without water rushing thru should not cause harm. My opinion of course, so you know what that means!

Why turn the water off and leave the power to the controller on tho? I just turn my control box to the OFF position to not turn on the zones.
      Get out if here with common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        Get out if here with common sense.
        You're right, I googled it, it is a fire hazzard!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
          If you turn off the water supply to the sprinkler system but the programmer is still set to turn the system on, would it burn up any pumps/valves/etc. trying to operate without a water supply?
          i dont think you meant lake pump (although you may have), but yes if you turn off the water supply going to a lake pump and still have power to it then yes you will burn up your pump, if there is now water.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post

Why turn the water off and leave the power to the controller on tho?
            No access to the controller, only the water supply. Kind of like if a neighbor goes out of town for a really, really long time, leaves the system activated and needs it turned off, but you can't get inside to the controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              No access to the controller, only the water supply. Kind of like if a neighbor goes out of town for a really, really long time, leaves the system activated and needs it turned off, but you can't get inside to the controller.
              You have rocks, you have access.

Comment

Working...
              X