X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic case annealer and trimmer

This stuff is just too cool-

Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

real interesting case annealer, that's different from the other designs. Giraud trimmer is awesome, just damn expensive.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Did that trimmer debur it and ream it?
      Last edited by motoman; 10-01-2011, 08:16 AM.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Did that trimmer debur it and ream it?
        Not sure, but if you are like me then you hate case trimming. In fact, it is the one step of the entire process that I hate the most.

It got to the point that I was measuring every single case with my calipers to check which ones did not need trimming, and every time I found one that didn't my heart grew 2 or 3 sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          Not sure, but if you are like me then you hate case trimming. In fact, it is the one step of the entire process that I hate the most.

It got to the point that I was measuring every single case with my calipers to check which ones did not need trimming, and every time I found one that didn't my heart grew 2 or 3 sizes.
          I know it's essential to reloading rifle rounds but it becomes a very tedious process. A couple months back I owed CJ for some rounds we shot and to repay him I gauged and trimmed about 800 rounds. It was easy but took longer than I thought it would, way longer when doing it by myself. I've gotten to the point where I can look at a case and tell if it's too long or not, at least to that reloading spec CJ was using. Just doing the the gauging, trimmer, reaming, and deburing has given me a new appreciation for reloading. That's definitely a plus if that trimmer also reams and deburs, which it looks like it does because if you see the inside lip it looks shinny as if it'd been reamed.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

you should try the RCBS X-die, no more trimming.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              Did you end up buying one? If so I'd like to see it in action.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                What?!

But really, I do need to start reloading again. I had a pretty nice setup in Waco, but before I moved up here I sold all my stuff to a good buddy of mine (we went in half on the equipment to begin with).

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  Did you end up buying one? If so I'd like to see it in action.
                  yep, I have one.

Comment

If you loaded say 30-30, and had one chamber for it, and just went with neck sizing, does the trim requirement go down? I assume so, but I always stuck with straightwall everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                      If you loaded say 30-30, and had one chamber for it, and just went with neck sizing, does the trim requirement go down? I assume so, but I always stuck with straightwall everything.
                      Trimming occurs when you push the shoulder down, which you will do in neck sizing. Resizing the body doesn't effect it at all.

Comment

hmm, that is interesting. i would have thought sizing the body moved the shoulder over time as well.

Comment

hmm, that is interesting. i would have thought sizing the body moved the shoulder over time as well.
                          not really to a measurable level, the neck has an inner mandrel that stretches it out, the body doesn't.

Comment

Brand new to bottlenecks here, so that is timely.

Do you have any experience with trimming tapered straightwall, ala 9mm & 30 carbine? I haven't tracked enough 9 to determine if it grows much, and haven't really done many in 30M1 so I just don't know.

Comment

Brand new to bottlenecks here, so that is timely.

Do you have any experience with trimming tapered straightwall, ala 9mm & 30 carbine? I haven't tracked enough 9 to determine if it grows much, and haven't really done many in 30M1 so I just don't know.
                              Case growth occurs from forward pressure from the gases. Necked cases bottle up the pressure and cause a forward pressure on the case shoulder, lengthening the body. Straight wall cases (like pistol cases) transfer 100% of the pressure out into the barrel, and none is retained in the case to force it to grow. Repeated chambering of pistol cases usually causes them to shrink, instead of lengthen. So, you don't need to trim pistol cases.

Some competition shooters like to trim to an exact length so their case seals/sits as consistently as possible in their guns chamber, but mostly I think it's bs.
                              Last edited by CJ; 10-01-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X