soreness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soreness

What do yall do to get rid of the soreness, I started working out again on Saturday morning and by that night, all of Sunday and even today my chest feels like someone ripped it open, i have never been this sore for this long ever, I worked out today and it was hurting a little as i worked out, i haven't been able to sleep on my chest cause my pecs are hurting, hopefully with when I wake up they wont hurt as bad

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

See, once you have a baby, your body falls apart.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      See, once you have a baby, your body falls apart.
      I'm starting to really believe that, I was in soo much pain I couldn't even wipe my ass, after this mornings workout It's gotten a little better but still hurts

Comment

If you are losing sleep from the baby, your body isn't recovering as quickly as it used to.

Comment

Naw I'm getting an average of 7 hrs of sleep, but it might have been that, I don't remember how much sleep I got that night before the workout

Comment

Foam roll.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

some BCAA's will help in recovery

Comment

Originally posted by TINKRD View Post
                some BCAA's will help in recovery
                this. plus once you start working out on a regular basis you won't be sore as long or as bad. sometimes i won't get sore at all. even if my work out was super intense. i hate not being sore because i feel like i should have pushed myself more.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                  this. plus once you start working out on a regular basis you won't be sore as long or as bad. sometimes i won't get sore at all. even if my work out was super intense. i hate not being sore because i feel like i should have pushed myself more.
                  well usually i know im going to be sore but nothing to this extent, usually it would wear off within a couple of hours but damn this was some pain, felt like major major heartburn and my chest tearing apart, finally some of the bones in my chest popped and it kind of feels a little better now

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                    well usually i know im going to be sore but nothing to this extent, usually it would wear off within a couple of hours but damn this was some pain, felt like major major heartburn and my chest tearing apart, finally some of the bones in my chest popped and it kind of feels a little better now
                    yeah i know the feeling. i haven't lifted in 2 months and i am dreading going back. i know my first week or two i will be hurting for sure. i don't take many sups though. just a multi and protein most of the time. i think i will probably add some BCAA's and glucosamine when i start back up next month.

Comment

Personally...I LOVE the soreness for days and days straight.
                      After I hit legs, I'm limpin sore for 4-5 days afterwards.
                      I used to also not get sore and not GROW, but I also did not work out to the extent that I am now.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        Personally...I LOVE the soreness for days and days straight.
                        After I hit legs, I'm limpin sore for 4-5 days afterwards.
                        I used to also not get sore and not GROW, but I also did not work out to the extent that I am now.
                        Yeah that kind of soreness I like too but when its straight up painful to move even an inch, that i dont wish on anyone, I couldnt even sleep one my back because it would pull my arms back and stretch my pecs

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                          Yeah that kind of soreness I like too but when its straight up painful to move even an inch, that i dont wish on anyone, I couldnt even sleep one my back because it would pull my arms back and stretch my pecs
                          You might have a muscle strain then.

Did you put ice on it after it happened?
                          Complete pec ruptures are VERY rare.
                          Take some Aleve or Ibuprofen and give it time, it will probably be back to new in a few weeks(depending on the severity).

Comment

Make sure and take your fish/krill oil. It's a more potent anti-inflammatory than Ibuprofen or Motrin.
                            www.crossfit.com

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                              You might have a muscle strain then.

Did you put ice on it after it happened?
                              Complete pec ruptures are VERY rare.
                              Take some Aleve or Ibuprofen and give it time, it will probably be back to new in a few weeks(depending on the severity).
                              no i didnt do anything after just had my lady rub me down yesterday and it helped out a little, not sore today at all, guess it was just that i hadn't worked out those muscles in a really really really long time

Comment

Working...
                              X