Juice fasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juice fasting

Started making my own vegtabale/fruit juices on Monday and not eating any solid foods, and have to say I feel great and the pounds have been dropping pretty quick. Weighed my self on Monday night @224, and yesterday when I left the gym I was 217, just lifting no cardio.

Hmm, interesting diet. Details and juice concoctions.

Comment

Sounds like a lifestyle change that will yield long term results.

Comment

I used to "juice" periodically when I was training. But only for 72 hours. Felt weak the last half of the 2nd day, but bounced back a bit on the 3rd. It was more of a detox for me than anything.

Comment

I actually got the idea of trying it for 10 days after watching a documentary on Netflix called "fat, sick & nearly dying". It's hard as hell not to eat actual food but I yet to be hungry. In the morning I'll wake up and make me a proetin shake for breakfast then juice something for lunch, snack and dinner. There's a few recipes I picked up online that use a lot of carrots, cucumber, lemon, celery, fresh spinach, apples, strawberries, and blue berries.

But as said By truestreet tim, you will feel weak the first few days. I'm on my 4th day now and feel great, I thought I wouldn't be able to lift as much as I do in the gym but so far no real problem, but i know I will get weaker :-( but I think it's something that I needed to do to drop weight since I was stuck at around 225-230

Comment

Mine was straight fruit juices. No veggie. Just a high acid intake. Body cooks up some "interesting" smells during the process lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TruestreetTim View Post
              Mine was straight fruit juices. No veggie. Just a high acid intake. Body cooks up some "interesting" smells during the process lol.
              Yeah no crap lol

Comment

Originally posted by Turbosvo View Post
                yadda yadda yadda...
                but I think it's something that I needed to do to drop weight since I was stuck at around 225-230
                Why not just try cardio? I mean if it works it works...just curious about your desire to take this path.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Why not just try cardio? I mean if it works it works...just curious about your desire to take this path.
                  Well I would do cardio atleast 3 times a week along with lifting 4-6 times a week before I started this juice fasting, and ate pretty good. Mainly chicken no fried foods, but I think I just reached a plateau and just really needed to switch it up.

Comment

I've been really wanting to try juicing.. A few guys at work did it and dropped 100lbs in 6 months.
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                      I've been really wanting to try juicing.. A few guys at work did it and dropped 100lbs in 6 months.
                      Holy shit :-0 I just want to drop to 200 by the end of the month, since I started working out last year around this time (i was 269 then)

Comment

Originally posted by TruestreetTim View Post
                        Thats lots of sugar. Dont use fresh or can fruit, use frozen better cause since the fruit was flash frozen soon after getting pick its holding most it nutrition.
                        I did this as well for detoxing, but a mix with more veggie then fruit with slim fast. After the second day feel a bit sick and week but the third day felt good again. Slimed down the belly abit.

Comment

Working...
                        X